Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    If Noveske goes with suppliers like this on the rest of their rifles, they might get their reputation back in another 5 years...
    They just need something new. Seems like they have just been rebranding lately. I'm guessing this is partially due to moving on to different suppliers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Badge engineering didn't help GM and Chrysler.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Badge engineering didn't help GM and Chrysler.
    Roger that's a poor example, we both know no amount of help would have sold K Cars any better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha Chrysler sure milked the hell out of the K cars, made them into 4 door sedans, 3 door sporty cars and hatchbacks, and minivans

Downloads
    Uploads
    You mean like the S-10, Blazer, H3 platform?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    quick question from a noob lefty. i know this is kind of an old post, but as i'm building my first AR, i'm starting to look at upper components (the lower is finished), this thread got me concerned with gasface (new term for me).

my question is: is gasface only a problem when shooting suppressed? or do you get massive amounts of gas in your face no matter what when shooting left handed? (no, i haven't done a lot of shooting AR's before...just the SCAR at the gun range and my buddy's AK)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post
    quick question from a noob lefty. i know this is kind of an old post, but as i'm building my first AR, i'm starting to look at upper components (the lower is finished), this thread got me concerned with gasface (new term for me).

my question is: is gasface only a problem when shooting suppressed? or do you get massive amounts of gas in your face no matter what when shooting left handed? (no, i haven't done a lot of shooting AR's before...just the SCAR at the gun range and my buddy's AK)
    Only an issue suppressed, and only if your gun isn't set up to handle it. Adjustable gas block, or reduced size gas ports can pretty much alleviate all the gas to face. Some suppressors are less gassy, too, like Surefire's RC models, or using a 30 caliber can since the larger bore through the suppressor allows more gas to escape out the front. You can also use a gemtech sbc carrier, but it does dump more gas out the ejection port (although this is not nearly as bad as an overgassed rifle/suppressor spewing gas out the charging handle area).
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks slippers. exactly what i needed to know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by poimen View Post

Slippers nailed it. I have 2 rifles with lefty uppers (I don't have any wrongy uppers), that I shoot suppressed. One has front sight base, and one has an adjustable gas block. When shooting suppressed with my Omega, I don't get any noticeable gas face with either. I get more gas face with a 10/22 unsuppressed. Start a new thread about your build prospects as a lefty, there are a few southpaws on here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bored and bumping threads...

How does everyone like the Geissele super and airborne handles?

The super much bigger then a raptor?

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I run anymore is LWRC's ambi CH. Rock solid, well built, but still slim.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Bored and bumping threads...

How does everyone like the Geissele super and airborne handles?

The super much bigger then a raptor?
    Geissele Handles in my opinion are not a huge upgrade over Raptors. I'd honestly get whatever was on sale between the two.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After an initial poor experience with a Mega charging handle, (Chips from the machining process remained in the spring's bore hole and caused extremely high spring pressure, damaging a upper before I figured out the issue.) I've grown to love their simplicity. I have not ever experienced the problem some claim that the handle unlatches during use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Mega CH came loose quite often. Sent it back for repair, they said it had problems with the spring. Ended up giving it away once I got it back.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The first batches of the slidelock had some latches that came loose. I haven't heard of any recent ones having issues.