Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Low-Pro RIGID™ Rail Kits (M-LOK)

Griffin AR15 rail kits include rail panels, gas block assemblies, and all tools and hardware needed for a turnkey rail system.

The design objective for the Griffin Low-Pro RIGID™ rails were to provide a slim, ultralight M-LOK rail, with increased rigidity over current similar market options. “We had been looking at the market for a while and noticed that there were two types of rails essentially. Rails that were beefy and strong, and rails that were slim and unfortunately weaker. We wanted to combine the desirable attributes of both category products into one optimal rail system.”, Austin stated, Primary owner and Lead engineer for Griffin. He went on, “The final design resulted in 70% more rigidity than current similar market slim rails. This is important for those who need to use IR lasers as armed professionals or for hunting. There are a lot of great options now in IR laser aimer products that have solid mounting and solid bodies and we wanted to make a slim rail that provided industry leading point of aim / point of impact for those aimers.”

Low-Pro RIGID™ rails feature a 7075 aluminum barrel nut which can be installed with the included Griffin Armorers Wrench. The mounting is done with included shims and flat head cap screws for an ultra-flush and low profile mating to the receiver. 17-4 stainless QD flush cups are included which thread into the barrel nut through holes in the rail.

The kits include the Griffin Primo Gas Block™, a 416R stainless .750” ID gas block which can be set screwed in place and / or pinned.
    Additionally, the rail kits include the Griffin RAIL SHIELD™ panels as standard equipment. This 4 piece kit provides a 4.6” length surface for heat protection and griping. The user can choose to use the flat bottom panel or angled grip panel for enhanced recoil control.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Features: [/span]

• Low-Profile M-LOK interface
    • Low profile integrated 17-4 SS nitride anti-rotation QD sling swivel sockets
    • Internal reinforcement ribs provide increased strength to weight ratio
    • 416R Primo Gas Block™ kit included
    • Included QD sling swivel
    • Included Griffin Armorers Wrench
    • Included shim set, mounting hardware, and thread locker

$259.95 - 284.95 msrp

Available in the following lengths:

8.6", 10.5", 13.5", 15" Rail weights : 5.9 - 10.5oz depending on length 1.54" wide 1.35"ID measured from inside spars.

Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the design of the QD mounts. I've trashed the aluminum QD mounts on a few rails before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you show the spacing of the rail/suppressor on the 11.5 barrel with the 10.5 rail? Right now I am using a 9.7"SLR on a 10.5" barrel and the fit is just perfect. The suppressor clearance is fantastic.

SLR makes a 10.75" rail which on paper would be snug but a really good fit on an 11.5" barrel. The downside is the ID of the SLR rails requires SLR gas blocks. They rectified the problem of M-lok interference against the gas block by merely making the gas block's overall length shorter.

A few of us on the forum here ran into that problem using SLR rails with regular sized gas blocks.

That said that 10.5" rail might be a great option for 11.5" upper builds. I don't know if very many other people make rails in that length. But then again I don't know much about all that.

The only other real question I have is how big of a pain in the ass is timing that barrel nut? I LOVE the way the rail attaches to the nut itself (kind of like how Aero does their enhanced uppers) but I have no real experience timing much of anything with shims, well except for a couple muzzle devices. I assume it's the same concept.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Can you show the spacing of the rail/suppressor on the 11.5 barrel with the 10.5 rail? Right now I am using a 9.7"SLR on a 10.5" barrel and the fit is just perfect. The suppressor clearance is fantastic.

SLR makes a 10.75" rail which on paper would be snug but a really good fit on an 11.5" barrel. The downside is the ID of the SLR rails requires SLR gas blocks. They rectified the problem of M-lok interference against the gas block by merely making the gas block's overall length shorter.

A few of us on the forum here ran into that problem using SLR rails with regular sized gas blocks.

That said that 10.5" rail might be a great option for 11.5" upper builds. I don't know if very many other people make rails in that length. But then again I don't know much about all that.

The only other real question I have is how big of a pain in the ass is timing that barrel nut? I LOVE the way the rail attaches to the nut itself (kind of like how Aero does their enhanced uppers) but I have no real experience timing much of anything with shims, well except for a couple muzzle devices. I assume it's the same concept.
    10.5 rail with 11.5" barrel, M4SDK silencer for reference.

Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    These look great for SBR length handguards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

Its the same concept (as a muzzle device) it takes about 5 minutes to do it the first time. Our Armorer was doing it in about 3 minutes after a little training. It's not very difficult. Its harder than the pinch style systems which require no thought process or work to attach ( i see the beauty there) but then you are left with a cumbersome and uncomfortable interface for the life of the product. We contemplated an easier install interface but the downside of the permanent negative aesthetics and geometry dissuaded us from it.

We are of the opinion that its worth spending a couple minutes on something if you are going to have it for awhile.... Kind of like a KRG chassis, there are easier Chassis to install but the KRG is one of the best and after the install I've never looked back. We will be doing a rail install video in the near future to show that it's really not that difficult.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks awesome. When will the receiver sets be available?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    Its the same concept (as a muzzle device) it takes about 5 minutes to do it the first time. Our Armorer was doing it in about 3 minutes after a little training. It's not very difficult. Its harder than the pinch style systems which require no thought process or work to attach ( i see the beauty there) but then you are left with a cumbersome and uncomfortable interface for the life of the product. We contemplated an easier install interface but the downside of the permanent negative aesthetics and geometry dissuaded us from it.

We are of the opinion that its worth spending a couple minutes on something if you are going to have it for awhile.... Kind of like a KRG chassis, there are easier Chassis to install but the KRG is one of the best and after the install I've never looked back. We will be doing a rail install video in the near future to show that it's really not that difficult.
    I can see the benefits of both to be honest. On one hand I like the simplicity of the barrel nut of SLR where it just is where it is... but this one might take a few extra minutes to mount up but I like the way the rail locks up to the barrel nut a lot better.

I don't know how big of a PITA it is but if the rails were like 9.7 and 10.7 (or add another product line) it would close that gap and be a direct competitor for the anal retentive crowd. It's only 1/4 inch of a gap but some people are pretty picky about it. I am pretty sure SLR's rails on those odd lengths like that sell out all the time.

Pretty much one of the main reasons I bought an SLR rail for my SBR is because I was guaranteed fitment and that 'tight' look. I am just saying if you could tag on 1/4 inch on the back end of the rails it would be in direct competition... and since you are a suppressor company and that kind of tight fitment is what a lot of people want...it just seems to make sense.

Like it or not even since I have been in this (not very long) I have heard ad nauseum discussion about people looking for rails to fit tight with their suppressors. I don't know but it seems like the demand is there even if you did a special run of them once or twice a year for the odd length ones.

I am just speaking from the customer's standpoint here... I spent quite a long time hunting down the right barrel/rail combo just for that fit and in the end that actually was the deciding factor of what I put on my form 1 for barrel length. Maybe that's the tail wagging the dog but I don't think I am alone in wanting a tight fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also I was going to ask if you've mounted things like Magpul AFG or VFG up under the gas block and if so was there any clearance issue? The ID of these rails are similar to the one I have now and it kind of irked me that the clearance wasn't there for regular old gas blocks. In the end I got it rectified but still... I am just asking before it comes up.

There are old threads here on WEVO about it... but basically the M-Lok T nuts would bind up with the gas block when using those other rails that have really narrow ID.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The price is great for this kit. Looks very nice.

Do you have any idea how it would match up to a Noveske/SMOS GFY upper receiver? It appears to be similar to their rails with desirable modifications.

Curious if you are willing to sell without the gas block and panels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious if the panels are available themselves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    http://www.griffinarmament.com/category-s/1858.htm
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it that's a no on builder sets then...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post

I was coming to ask the same thing, they look good.