Downloads
    Uploads

SMOS Price increase

I was planning on buying an SMOS GFY receiver set. I thought it was a great deal at $400. I went back to the website today to make my purchase and it looks like the GFY receiver set increased in price to $475. It still seems to be a decent price, but I find myself wavering and possibly passing over this now. With a Noveske set coming in at $610 that comes with takedown pins, forward assist, and ejection port door, its really not that far off.

Who on here has built, or is building an SMOS GFY receiver set? How do you like it? Fit and Finish?

With the price increase I might just spring for another Noveske set or I may try a Seekins billet set if I can find one.

Downloads
    Uploads

SMOS Price increase

I've built a GFY set up using their rail as well. Finish is bar none one of the best out there. I almost didn't cerakote it even though I had plans form the get go too. Luckily the smoothness of the receivers stayed after cerakote and can still be felt and seen.

Fit is tight and I mean tight. Before and after kote required a light tap with a rubber mallet to separate the two. After some use and slight wear things are a little easier but it's still tight.

This is one of my favorite sets in my collection by far. If you want the Noveske name but if. If you want the same(or dare I say better) buy the GFY set. It's a essentially a Gen 3 set without the name.

Edit: Pic just because..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohh and as for the pricing. IIRC the$400 was just an introductory pricing for Wevo. The $475 is the standard pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dang. A nearly 25% price increase on my favorite upper: SM slick side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info. I may still pick up a set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wish SMOS would do a keymod, which I prefer over MLOK. I will still have to go to Noveske for the rail due to the keymod system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Email Chris chris@smosarms.com and see if he'll take care of you under the old WEVO price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Email Chris chris@smosarms.com and see if he'll take care of you under the old WEVO price.
    Thank you. I will do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I called and talked to Eric at SMOS today and he was able to hook me up with the intro pricing. Very happy guy here. It will be shipping out to my FFL tomorrow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I called and talked to Eric at SMOS today and he was able to hook me up with the intro pricing. Very happy guy here. It will be shipping out to my FFL tomorrow.
    Glad they took care of you. I'm thinking of getting another set myself with the new Quad Rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Glad they took care of you. I'm thinking of getting another set myself with the new Quad Rail.
    Quad rail? What is this animal you speak of? I want one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Quad rail? What is this animal you speak of? I want one.
    They should be coming back from anodizing this week. Check their Instagram page, they've done several sneak peeks, and I know I've posted some here as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still trying to figure out how they install. Do you need to put the gas block on after the rail? It looks one piece except for the front.