Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll get a weight measurement ASAP but I'm going to guess this combo is only fractionally heavier than the comparable Scout setup.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks like a contraption you'd find on a German rifle.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    That looks like a contraption you'd find on a German rifle.
    ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I have an M951 or whatever it is. It weighs almost a pound and you get 65 lumens out of it with fresh batteries
    The Malkoff P60 LED drop-in is about $40 and is 350 lumens or whatever. Turns the M951 into something useful for pretty cheap. There are other LED drop-ins out there that are brighter but I have no first hand experience. As an example Lumens Factory has an 800 lumen upgrade for $35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright. Weight measurements.

M951 light with Malkoff LED and batteries. No big clamp rail mount. 0.50 lbs

M951 body with Malkoff thread adapter and KM2 Surefire head with batteries. 0.34 lbs

Surefire M622V Scout assembly with ADM QD mount. 0.42 lbs

Two Surefire C123 batteries. 0.08 lbs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    The Malkoff P60 LED drop-in is about $40 and is 350 lumens or whatever. Turns the M951 into something useful for pretty cheap. There are other LED drop-ins out there that are brighter but I have no first hand experience. As an example Lumens Factory has an 800 lumen upgrade for $35.

I got the weight (.95lb) with batteries straight from SF’s website. That’s the light, the mount, the tail, & batteries all rolled in

Even with an LED Upgrade for $40, that money is 40-50% of a new light that’s a quarter of the weight of a 951 and a third of the size.

My M951 has put in a TON of work at home and abroad but it’s time to retire the old torch

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanting to let people know there are options. If upgrading isn't something you are interested in that's fine with me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a passing observation, no offense meant. Germans can make anything look techy and complicated.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There hurdles I see with getting someone to make these upgrades:

1. Cost. The KM2-B head you have is alone $199. Arisaka full lights are $179
    2. Demand. There will be little to none, so no money in it for people selling/making it
    3. Aesthetics. The light you pictured is I'm sure 100% functional, but it's hideous. We both know what drives the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There hurdles I see with getting someone to make these upgrades:

1. Cost. The KM2-B head you have is alone $199. Arisaka full lights are $179
    2. Demand. There will be little to none, so no money in it for people selling/making it
    3. Aesthetics. The light you pictured is I'm sure 100% functional, but it's hideous. We both know what drives the market.
    What's the price on a new Vampire Scout? What about a DS tail cap?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    What's the price on a new Vampire Scout? What about a DS tail cap?

Maybe Will can chime in here, Vampire heads vs LED heads I bet are 10:1 in sales ratio. A subset of a subset is a very small number of people. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you're thinking outside the box, and I like having options, even if they are obscure. I just think the hurdle will be getting someone to make these and have them see any kind of cost/benefit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe Will can chime in here, Vampire heads vs LED heads I bet are 10:1 in sales ratio. A subset of a subset is a very small number of people. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you're thinking outside the box, and I like having options, even if they are obscure. I just think the hurdle will be getting someone to make these and have them see any kind of cost/benefit.
    The adapter is already something available from Malkoff. It is pretty inexpensive.

Add to this a Malkoff E2 head for $110 or so and you have a nice bright light that doesn't require a new mount or anything else.

For me to get a new M600V with a DS tail cap I'm looking at over $300. Or I can get the Malkoff adapter and the KM2 head for a bit over two bones.

If I just wanted a new bright light I'd buy a Streamlight PRO TAC or maybe the new Sirefire M600DF..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there you go, you already proved me wrong... Malkoff is making this and I didn't know... and I talk to Gene frequently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We sell a complete light with km1 or km2 head and our body and choice of tailcap for $259.

IR lights are a tiiiiiiny portion of our sales. Heck, most serious nvg users don't use the surefire IR heads either because the IR illuminator on their peq or mawl is far superior.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there you go, you already proved me wrong... Malkoff is making this and I didn't know... and I talk to Gene frequently.
    He makes this threaded adapter for the Surefire shotgun forends.