Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'll get a weight measurement ASAP but I'm going to guess this combo is only fractionally heavier than the comparable Scout setup.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,233
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    That looks like a contraption you'd find on a German rifle.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    That looks like a contraption you'd find on a German rifle.
    ?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I have an M951 or whatever it is. It weighs almost a pound and you get 65 lumens out of it with fresh batteries
    The Malkoff P60 LED drop-in is about $40 and is 350 lumens or whatever. Turns the M951 into something useful for pretty cheap. There are other LED drop-ins out there that are brighter but I have no first hand experience. As an example Lumens Factory has an 800 lumen upgrade for $35.




    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Alright. Weight measurements.

    M951 light with Malkoff LED and batteries. No big clamp rail mount. 0.50 lbs

    M951 body with Malkoff thread adapter and KM2 Surefire head with batteries. 0.34 lbs

    Surefire M622V Scout assembly with ADM QD mount. 0.42 lbs

    Two Surefire C123 batteries. 0.08 lbs.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,365
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    The Malkoff P60 LED drop-in is about $40 and is 350 lumens or whatever. Turns the M951 into something useful for pretty cheap. There are other LED drop-ins out there that are brighter but I have no first hand experience. As an example Lumens Factory has an 800 lumen upgrade for $35.




    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    I got the weight (.95lb) with batteries straight from SF’s website. That’s the light, the mount, the tail, & batteries all rolled in

    Even with an LED Upgrade for $40, that money is 40-50% of a new light that’s a quarter of the weight of a 951 and a third of the size.

    My M951 has put in a TON of work at home and abroad but it’s time to retire the old torch

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Just wanting to let people know there are options. If upgrading isn't something you are interested in that's fine with me.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,233
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Just a passing observation, no offense meant. Germans can make anything look techy and complicated.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,706
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    There hurdles I see with getting someone to make these upgrades:

    1. Cost. The KM2-B head you have is alone $199. Arisaka full lights are $179
    2. Demand. There will be little to none, so no money in it for people selling/making it
    3. Aesthetics. The light you pictured is I'm sure 100% functional, but it's hideous. We both know what drives the market.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There hurdles I see with getting someone to make these upgrades:

    1. Cost. The KM2-B head you have is alone $199. Arisaka full lights are $179
    2. Demand. There will be little to none, so no money in it for people selling/making it
    3. Aesthetics. The light you pictured is I'm sure 100% functional, but it's hideous. We both know what drives the market.
    What's the price on a new Vampire Scout? What about a DS tail cap?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,706
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by usbp379 View Post
    What's the price on a new Vampire Scout? What about a DS tail cap?

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Maybe Will can chime in here, Vampire heads vs LED heads I bet are 10:1 in sales ratio. A subset of a subset is a very small number of people. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you're thinking outside the box, and I like having options, even if they are obscure. I just think the hurdle will be getting someone to make these and have them see any kind of cost/benefit.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Maybe Will can chime in here, Vampire heads vs LED heads I bet are 10:1 in sales ratio. A subset of a subset is a very small number of people. Don't get me wrong, I like the fact you're thinking outside the box, and I like having options, even if they are obscure. I just think the hurdle will be getting someone to make these and have them see any kind of cost/benefit.
    The adapter is already something available from Malkoff. It is pretty inexpensive.

    Add to this a Malkoff E2 head for $110 or so and you have a nice bright light that doesn't require a new mount or anything else.

    For me to get a new M600V with a DS tail cap I'm looking at over $300. Or I can get the Malkoff adapter and the KM2 head for a bit over two bones.

    If I just wanted a new bright light I'd buy a Streamlight PRO TAC or maybe the new Sirefire M600DF..

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,706
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Well there you go, you already proved me wrong... Malkoff is making this and I didn't know... and I talk to Gene frequently.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    We sell a complete light with km1 or km2 head and our body and choice of tailcap for $259.

    IR lights are a tiiiiiiny portion of our sales. Heck, most serious nvg users don't use the surefire IR heads either because the IR illuminator on their peq or mawl is far superior.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    381
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well there you go, you already proved me wrong... Malkoff is making this and I didn't know... and I talk to Gene frequently.
    He makes this threaded adapter for the Surefire shotgun forends.

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •