Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    What's wrong with QD? I personally wouldn't buy ANY bi-pod without it. I've used a Harris on a Larue QD, 100% rock solid, and this is the same. Why would you want a bi-pod you couldn't easily remove on an AR? Having one there not easily removed makes a gun much more 1 dimensional.

And yeah, the Atlas is pretty much built for prone use, it's ability to pan and cant, plus the individually (and easily) adjustable legs, AND the ability to angle them make this bi-pod crazy versatile.
    YEP!

I think the problem with a lot of QD stuff is that the low end stuff sucks. It will rattle and loosen and come off and just not hold. This however was my first experience with higher end QD and now my entire opinion of QD has changed.

Honestly I can't say enough good things about this bipod. The lockup on the QD is well beyond anything that I could dream up. And plus it does give the ability to pull the thing off quite easily.

I am still wondering how in the world (no offense intended) the idea got out there that this wasn't for prone use? You can cant one leg one way and one leg the other. Extend one out and keep the other short. There isn't anything you can't do with this bipod.

Shooting off the side of a sloped mountain? This one can do it. You can shoot off of uneven ground. Sloped ground. Whatever you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go about 10 minutes in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its a great price. Hang out a while, it'll sell.

Agree this is one of the best bipods on the market. It works fine from the prone position and if you need more length than 9" fully extended, you can get add-on extensions. That, and the fact it has a plethora of footing options, I wouldn't doubt spiderman could fire from the prone off the side of a building.

QD is great and I understand its pretty common for bipods, but I chose the non-QD for my own reasons. Either is a fine unit and quite a step up from commonly available bipods.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my research, these legs are considered generally too short for prone and better suited for bench. Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff.

Oh I do want QD. But my rails are mlok. So this QD would be on an attached pic segment making it bulky. I'd rather use a QD pic segment for mlok semi-permanently attached to bipod.

The idea: https://www.rainierarms.com/kinetic-...ct-mlok-3-slot

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    In my research, these legs are considered generally too short for prone and better suited for bench. Maybe I'm reading the wrong stuff.

Oh I do want QD. But my rails are mlok. So this QD would be on an attached pic segment making it bulky. I'd rather use a QD pic segment for mlok semi-permanently attached to bipod.

The idea: https://www.rainierarms.com/kinetic-...ct-mlok-3-slot
    Yes you are reading the wrong stuff. Someone is flat out full of shit.

My rail is also Mlok. It makes no difference in bulk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to pull the trigger on this, even though I don't need it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I want to pull the trigger on this, even though I don't need it.
    Go get em money bags!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Go get em money bags!
    I blew my load for awhile on NFA stuff before 41F. I have to live like the rest of society for a few months.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold!

"Dear Alamo,

Thank You Kindly.

~Aragorn"
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sold!

"Dear Alamo,

Thank You Kindly.

~Aragorn"
    I thank you second Alamo... although I wanted it, my wallet disagreed with me, and you saved me from sleeping on the sofa for a night.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thank you second Alamo... although I wanted it, my wallet disagreed with me, and you saved me from sleeping on the sofa for a night.
    I've read this about three times now trying to figure out if it's more sincerity, disappointment, or envy. Lol
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've read this about three times now trying to figure out if it's more sincerity, disappointment, or envy. Lol
    It's all 3 rolled into one. I'm still torn up about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I blew my load for awhile on NFA stuff before 41F. I have to live like the rest of society for a few months.
    I have no load to blow but welcome to the realm of us mortals for a bit at least :) After my trip I am still getting my money back in order. Keep your fingers crossed that I can go full time pretty soon.

Sold!

"Dear Alamo,

Thank You Kindly.

~Aragorn"
    Hey, I just talked about something I own :) I will let you know where to send my cut of the proceeds LOL!

The thing really is a superb piece of work. I was trying to be straight up about it. Honestly before I had a serious grudge against QD mounts because I only dealt with shitty QD mounts. But this... this thing is different.

You're welcome as well :) I don't have to run the risk of sleeping on the sofa but I spent over $2000 bucks on ammo (reloading supplies) alone in the past month so I am a broke SOB. Plus a nice Kidd 10/22 reciever... plus a few other things....

I seriously need to make some more stock market money....

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's not agreeable to me, UW, I'll offer it up again as torment. P

Would this bipod be acceptable on an AR10 frame as well?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    If it's not agreeable to me, UW, I'll offer it up again as torment. P

Would this bipod be acceptable on an AR10 frame as well?
    That bipod can be used on anything you can afford to shoot.