Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10/22 Builds

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the crappy cell pic
    Specs
    Tacsol X-ring receiver in matte brown
    Thompson Machine Operative integrally suppressed barrel soon to get color matched to the anodized reciever
    Magpul Hunter X-22 fde
    Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 vplex rimfire
    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  1.93 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Sorry for the crappy cell pic
    Specs
    Tacsol X-ring receiver in matte brown
    Thompson Machine Operative integrally suppressed barrel soon to get color matched to the anodized reciever
    Magpul Hunter X-22 fde
    Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 vplex rimfire
    Name:  22.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  1.93 MB
    You had me at integrally suppressed

Oh Wow! I like it! Very nice!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sequim Shooter on this site was the inspiration for this rifle , He had the same barrel set up with a PWS T3 Summit with the biathlon action that was as quite as a flea fart and I had to get one . I built this one and we had a friendly shoot off and my semi action was actually more quite then his biathlon action so of course he sold the receiver and blatantly copied me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sequim Shooter on this site was the inspiration for this rifle , He had the same barrel set up with a PWS T3 Summit with the biathlon action that was as quite as a flea fart and I had to get one . I built this one and we had a friendly shoot off and my semi action was actually more quite then his biathlon action so of course he sold the receiver and blatantly copied me
    HAHAAAA!!!

The rifle I have in mind will look something like that only mine won't be integrally suppressed (yet).

So how do you like that stock? I am keeping that one near the top of my list to be honest.

Once it's all said and done my 'nice' rifle will be a Kidd setup...here's to hoping I can get my finances together so I can finish that and a few other things off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the stock it fits great and the m-lok makes life easier for me . When I first started on it I was split between Kidd , Tacsol & Volquartsen & honestly I went with the Tacsol based on the color but couldn't be happier with the craftsmanship and performance .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanted a quality 10/22 so i put together a not too budget build.
    PWS T3 action
    Nikon P22 scope
    Thompson Operative Integrally suppressed barrel
    Ruger BX trigger
    Magpul stock

It was fun. Until I went shooting with Sak007. You would think that a closed bolt action would be quieter than a semi auto. It wasn't. It wasn't even close.

So yes, I blatantly copied him. It's out now.
    Now I have the Tacsol Xring receiver.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  28.6 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the stock it fits great and the m-lok makes life easier for me . When I first started on it I was split between Kidd , Tacsol & Volquartsen & honestly I went with the Tacsol based on the color but couldn't be happier with the craftsmanship and performance .
    I decided on Kidd because I got to test out their triggers. After that I knew...

As for the stock you hit the nail on the head. I have a bunch of m-lok stuff so it will be nice to be able to use things interchangeably. That said I don't hardly run guns with anything 'extra' on them. I recently put an Arisaka light on my SBR and all I can say is 'just damn!'. I should have bought one of those a long, long time ago. But for the most part I don't make use of all the wigits out there. About the only thing I might use is my bipod, but who knows. I might discover something awesome like that light I got.

The other thing about that stock that I like is that it is modular. I can change up the LOP if I want or swap around that tray for a tapered barrel (probably never going to happen) but still nice to have, especially being able to adjust the LOP.

Right now the biggest thing I am thinking about is the barrel. That is still TBD. I have a basic idea but other than that...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sequim Shooter View Post
    I wanted a quality 10/22 so i put together a not too budget build.
    PWS T3 action
    Nikon P22 scope
    Thompson Operative Integrally suppressed barrel
    Ruger BX trigger
    Magpul stock

It was fun. Until I went shooting with Sak007. You would think that a closed bolt action would be quieter than a semi auto. It wasn't. It wasn't even close.

So yes, I blatantly copied him. It's out now.
    Now I have the Tacsol Xring receiver.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  28.6 KB
    First off welcome to WEVO! Great bunch here.

Second your rifle looks sweet! I like it a lot. What scope are you running?

I find your comment about the PWS very interesting. I saw a few of them up for sale here or there and I was quite tempted to get one while I could. At the end of the day though I decided to stick to a basic semi auto 10/22 design.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the nice welcome!

I have an old cell phone with a not very good camera.

Sak007 and I were on a "guns and parts" buying adventure. He was dropping off a G19 for custom work and I sold the PWS receiver to the shop owner for $200. The shop owner was super happy.

Everyone that shot it was truly impressed. It just wasn't as quiet as the X-Ring.

I also saw a picture on the Internet of the biathlon toggle bolt broken. Had me worried.

This X-Ring receiver has been flawless and quiet so far.

My wife has a sweet 10/22.
    Beyer 16" factory tapor barrel
    Ruger purple laminated stock
    Ruger BX trigger
    PWS extended mag release
    Swift 9x40 scope
    AAC element 2 suppressor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also saw a picture on the Internet of the biathlon toggle bolt broken. Had me worried.
    That's the exact reason I didn't get it. Proprietary parts. A long time ago Stickman and I were having a conversation (online) (not even sure if he remembers it or not) but we had the same kind of talk about AR's with proprietary parts...

I can honestly say in hindsight that was probably some of the best advice I have ever been given as relating to AR's and firearm type stuff.

I applied the same principle to the 10/22. If I ever need parts I want something standard that won't go out of production or whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dumped a Smith and Wesson m&p 10 because all the parts were proprietary. They wouldn't sell me any spare parts. I would have had to send it in.

Back to the 10/22 discussion.

I had a hogue over molded stock that was comfortable. I like the magpul stock better. I was able to add plates to get a correct length of pull.

I'm still waffling on painting it.....mad customs is a short drive from me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could paint it to match mine and come to terms with your copying issues

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey. When something is really good, it's good.

now I have to dump all of my suppressors....

Downloads
    Uploads
    now I have to dump all of my suppressors....
    Wait. What?

What all do you have? Why you want to dump them?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Wait. What?

What all do you have? Why you want to dump them?
    He likes the tone on mine more , were constantly involved in a one up battle