Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Opinion on scope mount?

Is it normal to have machine marks on the ID of rings (not the relief cuts, I mean the radial and longitudinal marks), or is this no bueno?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Out of curiosity, I checked a couple of Bobro's and a Geissele on my desk. None have the machining marks. What rings are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Out of curiosity, I checked a couple of Bobro's and a Geissele on my desk. None have the machining marks. What rings are you using?
    I'll divulge that in a bit, I just want to know, with ZERO bias from this board, if I am being too picky, or nitpicking, or whatever, about those marks on the ID.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    I'll divulge that in a bit, I just want to know, with ZERO bias from this board, if I am being too picky, or nitpicking, or whatever, about those marks on the ID.
    I'm not the precision shooter many are. Those machine marks wouldn't bother me personally.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm not the precision shooter many are. Those machine marks wouldn't bother me personally.
    Thanks.
    In for more opinions on the matter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not going to take the rings off my scopes, but I think what you're seeing is normal. Really seems on par with my last couple NightForce rings if I recall correctly. Main thing is that you want is maximum surface area contact when tightening down. Most of the higher end mounts don't require lapping, and some manufacturers will void the warranty if you do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saw your post on this on another forum. Did the mfg admit it wasn't right when they offered a refund? Or did they say it was normal but willing to refund anyway?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Saw your post on this on another forum. Did the mfg admit it wasn't right when they offered a refund? Or did they say it was normal but willing to refund anyway?
    Good Morning Mr. Gifford,

Thank you for contacting us and thank you for sending us those pictures. I apologize for the issues with your optic mount and I am sorry that the mount did not meet your expectations. Please return the optic mount to the original place of purchase for a full refund. If you would like, please send me your address, I can drop a swag pack in the mail for the trouble. I hope this helps.

Thank You,

[Name Redacted]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because free swag makes it all better!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's bothering you now, nothing will make it better. It could knock .5 MOA off your longest range and those marks would still taunt you.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see very minor marks on the surfaces that touch the scope. Hardly anything. The most visible marks are on the relief cuts where the top and bottom rings come together, which are basically irrelevant.

I personally wouldn't be bothered.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am of the opinion that in general those don't (or shouldn't) matter and won't effect shooting if at all.

However after seeing some of the capabilities of some high end manufacturers and what they can produce when they really want to would influence my complaints. What else would influence my complaints is how much I paid for them.

So no it won't really have any kind of material effect on shooting, but if you paid a lot for a high dollar name brand I would take note of that.

Compare them with the competition and see what each offers in the same price range and report back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My issue is that this is the most expensive mount of a non-qd nature which is made in America, to my knowledge. I expected it to be the equal or better of my nightforce and bobro mounts. My geissele "super precision" mount did not live up to my expectations.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    My issue is that this is the most expensive mount of a non-qd nature which is made in America, to my knowledge. I expected it to be the equal or better of my nightforce and bobro mounts. My geissele "super precision" mount did not live up to my expectations.
    Probably because you have issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Probably because you have issues.
    I've just been spoiled by the cleaner workmanship of my NF Unimount and Bobro's. I'm sure the mount was fully functional, but so is a PEPPR.