Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Here's a question for ya; has anybody ever thought of developing a blast shield for the Barrett round brake, or an entirely new muzzle device for ops that involve nearby crew members? You'd have a whole lot of buddies cheering on it's procurement!
    They came up with a much easier solution: everyone just uses M110s now. It solves a lot of the issues that the Barrett creates, although there are some times when having a strategically placed .50 cal round has slightly more impact than a .308. Sometimes NOT hitting the target can be effective.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Here's a question for ya; has anybody ever thought of developing a blast shield for the Barrett round brake, or an entirely new muzzle device for ops that involve nearby crew members? You'd have a whole lot of buddies cheering on it's procurement!
    The military solution is much cheaper:

Name:  521156.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  65.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    The military solution is much cheaper:

Name:  521156.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  65.5 KB
    Does nothing for the main issue at hand. Concussion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And how many shit are given about that by the supplier of the hearing protection?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    My issue is that this is the most expensive mount of a non-qd nature which is made in America, to my knowledge.
    Your knowledge in this aspect is limited. There are several other high end manufacturers that are more expensive then Geissele and "made in America". Go look up "GDI P-ROM". Lapping was only intended to provide uniformity to rings that were often 1) not machined together, and 2) when installed on the more common 2-piece bases, they were often not aligned well enough to provide uniform surface contact between the ring and the tube when tightened down. Smoothness does not equate to grip, ergo why your hands have fingerprints and oils, which is something Håkan figured out early on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    Your knowledge in this aspect is limited. There are several other high end manufacturers that are more expensive then Geissele and "made in America". Go look up "GDI P-ROM". Lapping was only intended to provide uniformity to rings that were often 1) not machined together, and 2) when installed on the more common 2-piece bases, they were often not aligned well enough to provide uniform surface contact between the ring and the tube when tightened down. Smoothness does not equate to grip, ergo why your hands have fingerprints and oils, which is something Håkan figured out early on.
    My knowledge is not comprehensive, of course, but I do know that GDI's mounts do not fit the description I laid out, as you will note ""of a non-qd nature"...

Downloads
    Uploads
    AADMOUNT makes some of the nicest non QD mounts I've used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    AADMOUNT makes some of the nicest non QD mounts I've used.
    I have heard very good things. I love John's scope caps. I also ordered a Bobro today. I'll see which one I prefer. I have had very good experiences with bobro thus far with rtz. My live fire test indicated less than 0.5moa rtz shift, and that's including all environmental factors as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bobro are one of my favorites. Mounted up the new AADMOUNT today. Even cleaner machining and finish than my other one. It's a damn nice mount.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  1.25 MB

Views: 134
Size:  1.34 MB

Views: 130
Size:  809.3 KB

Trillium pill in the level is a nice touch.

Views: 131
Size:  836.9 KB