Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My EDC knife is Spyderco Stretch C90CF
    Naive fools can not see, so they must feel!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a bit of a knife nut and have used many different EDC knives over the years.

my latest purchase can be seen here

Obviously I didn't take the photo (all I have is a phone camera) but it is my actual knife.

It's a Crawford Kasper folder with a titanium handle and a framelock; the blade is 4 inches long. It's definitely beefy and the handle shape locks your hand in.

More information on the knife and its variants can be found here

Sadly, it will not be my EDC knife where I live because the laws here are so vague about knives that it is best to carry something quite a bit less conspicuous. As a result, my EDCs presently are the Blackhawk Crucilbe II on my left side and an Emerson CQC7A (the drop point variant) on my right. The Crawford folder will be carried in better jurisdictions.

I bought the Crawford Kasper at last month's NY knife show where I got to not only see beautiful blades but got to talk to extremely talented knifemakers and some interesting people (like Allen Elishewitz's wife). Specifically, I got to talk to Ernie Emerson a little about the inherent weakness, IMO, of the 'wave' system and mostly about the combative mindset which he was going to lecture on later that day.

All in all it was a wonderful show and I hope some of our members get to attend it in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just replaced my Buck folding knife I have had for over 10 years with a Kershaw Scallion. Love it so far. Different opening method, so still getting used to it. Like the looks of it as well.

http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=DSCN0505.jpg

Hope the photo link works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This one:

Bought it in 1995, found it in my toolbox in 2010.

I don't know how long it's been missing for, almost a decade.

The tip used to be longer and more dramatic but it's snapped off twice - each time Spyderco had to repair it, it came back a little shorter.

They fixed it for free both times, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice, ya gadda love a Spyder and finding an old friend
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have gotten away from serrated blades because the serrated edge always seems to be in the way. Just a personal preferance, must admit the serrations are handy for going through a line FAST though! I carry an AFO II everyday, can't go wrong with a Benchmade!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not too long ago I retired the Buck/Strider which was a great knife that I never worried about self destructing on my but it was a bit bulky. I have replaced it with a CRKT Anubis which I have really liked so far.

The other constant is the HAK that goes on in the morning and is the last thing to be removed before I pass out at night.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some great knives in this thread.

My EDC is a Benchmade 520SBK. I carried a discontinued Axis type for years, but I don't recall the number. Then I found the 520 at a gunshow. The first time I held the 520, I knew it was the one for me.

bc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's what I carry for work every day- a Craftsman razor knife and a Leatherman. I carry a Benchmade Grip' when not working. For me the $10 Craftsman knife has been the best value. It's my second one in about 8yrs or so. I work in construction and am constantly cutting things in gravel, dirt, grease, etc. I can use the razor knife to cut geotextile fabric, etc and simply replace the blade when dull. It really allows me to do a lot with the knife I otherwise wouldn't with my Benchmade. I made the double knife sheath from Kydex to keep the Leatherman and razor knife handy and out of my pockets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My two EDC knives are My Spyderco Strech 2 CF in zdp-189 and my other is my new Spyderco Para-Military 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some days I carry a Doug Ritter RSK-1 Griptilian made by Benchmade with S30V steel in a plain edge. Other days I carry a Gerber Applegate/Fairbairn Covert made with 154CM steel in a combo edge. Why I would pick one over the other on any particular day, I haven't a clue!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops..
    Last edited by Custom-X_Sponjah; 18 January 2011 at 09:40. Reason: DBL
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom-X_Sponjah View Post
    Workin the Benchmade AFO II for the last 6 months.
    Picked it up for $30 and have abused it doing things a normal person wouldn't do to a $200 knife..

What about our Oyster Knives? LOL Gerber Combat Folders..

CXS
    Last edited by Custom-X_Sponjah; 19 January 2011 at 05:20.
    Topher DiMauro
    G-Code Holsters
    www.tacticalholsters.com
    topher@tacticalholsters.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry no pics as all I have is an IPhone and am lousy picture taker anyway, but I thought you might find my reasoning interesting (if only to critique it )

I am presently abroad where it's impossible for me to carry any guns (never mind bring any) and my only defensive recourse (behind awareness and running away) are knives.

I'm carrying 3-4 folding knives daily.

Spyderco Endura with combo edge: I'm not and highly unlikely to be engaged in any activity that requires heavy knife work, so a light, reliable knife for typical chores gets the nod. It's carried in the left side pocket

Cold Steel Voyager 2X with a straight edge: this is my main defensive knife, carried on my right side. With a six inch blade and a long handle, I can defend myself up close and create some room as well as easily conceal it. The problems arise when it comes to opening it when there is little space (back against the wall or on the ground) so for the time when problems crop up at bad breath distance, I carry the following knives.

Emerson CQC7 B, straight edge in Black T: I have a whole lot of things I should dislike about this knife but it has the right size, the right handle, great ease of opening (if you're right handed), can easily be used as an impact or pain compliance weapon when closed, is superbly sharp and well .. it just plain grows on you. It's carried AIWB right side.

Blackhawk Hornet II, straight edge: a Chistmas present from my wife, the handle is a little small for my hands but it opens smoothly and rapidly, is easily concealed and will inflict devastating wounds for its size. It's carried AIWB left side.

The size, cutting power and brute strength of the locks of the two above knives make them near perfect (nothing is ever 100%) for when things are happening at belly to belly distance.

My last knife is generally dropped in a pocket and only when amongst "more civilized" folks. It's a Spyderco Vesuvius with the pearl like inset on one side. It's a very good "gentleman's knife" that comes out so as to "not frighten the horses" in "polite company".

I hope you found this interesting.

P.S. I chose not to carry any fixed blade knife because I am in tropical country where clothing is quite light. Certainly, a short fixed blade and sheath could be concealed but it's nowhere near as easy as with a folder and for the defensive duties I have in mind there isn't enough of an advantage.

Downloads
    Uploads