Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a paramedic, I've carried many different knives (for work) over the years. What I currently carry is a benchmade 915 triage. I love it. Very useful in my line of work. Probably not the best defensive blade, but would work in a pinch. Blade and rescue cutter came razor sharp from the factory. 10/10 in my book.

Protect the 2nd amendment with VIGOR !!!!
    Protect the 2nd amendment with VIGOR !!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a few different ones:
    - Benchmade 530BK, 275BK, 915BK-ORG, 470
    - DPx Gear Hest F/2.0
    - Kershaw Skyline
    - Cold Steel Recon 1

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spyderco Yojimbo
    Spyderco Yojimbo2

Spyderco Manix2 XL

Bang & Stick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Over the years I've switched between a couple folders, primarily from my first CRKT M16 to my current Emerson CQC-7. While I like the construction of the Striders and Zero Tolerance so far I haven't had the need for the thickness and weight of those types yet. I know both types have solid construction, though so far for daily duties my Emerson fits the bill nicely. For something even lighter I'm also considering taking a look at their A-100.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything from this:

Buck Vantage Force Select. Thin, slicy blade.

To this:

Benchmade Adamas 275. Sharp, substantial and dulls very slowly. Both open with the slightest flick, making them as if not more accessible than autos. Both are high value for low to moderate cost.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Knife is one of the best security equipment that used in old days by people for personal protection. Many variety types of knives presents in the market that may be useful to us for protecting our self in crime attacks and burglary attacks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FredeTredwell View Post
    Knife is one of the best security equipment that used in old days by people for personal protection. Many variety types of knives presents in the market that may be useful to us for protecting our self in crime attacks and burglary attacks.
    Why do I not see the report post button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeake View Post
    Why do I not see the report post button.
    He's gone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    He's gone.
    Nice

Downloads
    Uploads

I recently purchased a Zero Tolerance 0350TS and it's quickly becoming my go-to knife. A 3 1/4" blade is at the upper end ofsize for me ad it's a very hefty chunk of metal. Despite this, I find it extremely comfortable and tend to overlook the bulk.

Desipte my growing preference for this knife, it's not for everyone. I've tried to present an image that depicts several of the (positive and negative) features.

Pros:
    - Opening: I really like the SpeedSafe design - it's fast, simple and does not require wrist motion to open. Those who might look for a thumb-assisted opening should look elsewhere, the 350's studs are difficult to use for assisted opening,
    - Blade: It's solid and stable.
    - Grip: The G10 seems stickier than the G10 on my other knives. The spine of the blade has a large thumb depression which can provide a solid 3-point grip for those of us with larger hands.
    - Safety: The SpeedSafe cam provides enough tension that I don't worry about inadvertent opening. Because the assist lever becomes a quillon when the blade is deployed, there is extra assurance that the blade cannot close on the grip hand were the liner lock to fail, even if you're applying pressure to the blade's spine. It might crush a fingers, but not cut them.
    - Fits and Finish: It's exceptional. The alignment of G10 scales and frame is smooth and the blade centers well when closed.
    - Curb Appeal: The stripes were a concession for my daughter, she likes knives and adores animals.

Cons:
    - Maintenance: This one is a biggie. The combination of S30V steel and the slightly recurved blade makes sharpening this knife pretty difficult. My existing tools are better suited other designs, I'll have to supplement my kit to get the kind of edge I like.
    - Scale attachment: A nitpick here, the scales are attached by round-head screws which protrude from the grip - something that I think was done to mirror the look of the pivot screw. I've found that some of the ways I grip the knife puts my fingers on these screws - it's a tiny bit annoying. It's weird that I don't mind the clip, but these little bumps can bug me.

All in all, I'm really liking this one so far.
    Last edited by RiverRat; 5 July 2013 at 09:01. Reason: Photo redirect

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reviving an old thread.....

A few months back, I upgraded to an Emerson Desert Roadhouse BT (3.8") folder.

I've also acquired, and now regularly carry, a Spartan Enyo (2.7") in FDE.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Evil prospers when good men stand by and do nothing. - Edmund Burke

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Downloads
    Uploads
    My new Apache,

Downloads
    Uploads