Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to EDC a Cold Steel Spartan, SOG Trident Tanto, and a Gerber multitool, however I don't carry near as much on me since getting my CCW. I've carried a ZT0350, Leatherman Wave, and Surefire P2X Fury for a little over a year now, and I am really liking the setup in addition to my G19.

EDIT: Posted before I was done..

I think the 350 is a great knife, not too big, not too small, and it completes every day tasks just fine (cutting boxes, rope, straps, cables, stripping wires, as well as some rare heavier use). Its definitely not a Cold Steel Spartan, but its large enough I think for a situation where I'd need it to defend myself (when the G19 can't I guess?). The wave is definitely a step up from the old gerber multi-tool. The steel used is much better, it doesn't get damaged with simple tasks, and i find that the blades/file are much more usable than the one on the gerber. Obviously they weight a bit, but I'm not entirely convinced that saving 2 oz on my knives is really a concern since I also carry a G19 and 2 mags. I feel that the weight is well worth it because I use them daily and I don't ever find myself being talked out of carrying them because of the weight.
    Last edited by jjl103; 12 March 2014 at 08:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to carry a SOG trident or my SOG Flash I. But have have recently switched them both out for a Benchmade Rukus.
    Last edited by Calico Jack; 12 March 2014 at 18:23.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just picked up a couple of Benchmade Adamas models - fixed and folder ... extremely impressed with both. The folder is massive, but carries easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Big fan of the DPx blades. How do you like that folder? All mine are fixed blades, I really need to pick up one of their folders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Big fan of the DPx blades. How do you like that folder? All mine are fixed blades, I really need to pick up one of their folders.
    Gata have at least one fixed blade. I use it as a utility blade mostly, it does it job. The steel is really nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't carry a knife, Security won't let me in the portals with one. Well they may let me carry a butter knife.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I purchased this Spyderco Endura about 20 years ago and managed to snap off the poly clip. Spyderco was able to mill the rest of the clip flush and install a steel clip, which worked great. I then managed to loose it in the trunk of a Crown Vic for several years and it was replaced. I just came across it again this evening. I wouldn't go the serrated blade route again, but the Endura design is here to stay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Emerson CQC-10. After finally convincing Ernest and his crew to make a round-hole/waved knife (despite Ernest's protestations that "the disk is better"), the least I can do is carry it. Sometimes I wish it were a bit more svelt, but I haven't fouls anything that works as well for me since I got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've recently changed my carry a bit. I now EDC a DPx Gear H.E.F.T. 4. I really enjoy having the blade sit on my belt. It frees up a whole pocket for more uses, and the functionality of it is nice as well. It's proven to be a sturdy blade so far.

Not pictured, I've stopped carrying the Leatherman Wave in exchange for a Leatherman Squirt ES4. I find that I use the wire strippers much more often than I do the full size pliers, and when I need some full size pliers, the wave is either in the car, or I am near my full tool kit. I can also use the tip of the squirt as pliers if I am ever in a pinch, and the wire strippers are something I've actually wished I wasn't without on multiple occasion. The Squirt is also about a quarter of the weight or more, which makes it really easy to forget about during the day.

Since I EDC a Glock 19, I like to dress pretty casually - a normal day for me has me in a pair of Dockers' cargo khakis. I feel the less I have clipped to my pockets, the less people will suspect that I am someone carrying a gun, and that is the way I like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried this AFO for EDC, just too big. I have a ZT 350 and an SKD 360, great knives but just too big for me to EDC. Back to the old mini-Reflex. Still works best for me...just the right size.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the top one a 9052? Two commands ago I tried to get Supply to buy me a 9051 for my gear but the short bus that was the supply department couldn't manage to submit a form to EDS. Apparently that was the hardest thing in the world to do.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Is the top one a 9052? Two commands ago I tried to get Supply to buy me a 9051 for my gear but the short bus that was the supply department couldn't manage to submit a form to EDS. Apparently that was the hardest thing in the world to do.
    Yes. It's a very robust knife. Absolutely no complaints except that it's just too big to carry around in dress slacks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I carry a Broker Cop Tool at work and a Benchmade Rukus off duty.

Downloads
    Uploads