Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
You must think that all WEVO members are UW and Sinner. I personally don't do any missions, I'm civilian as they come. A lot of Cerakote jobs for a complete rifle an run around $400, that's 2 stamps or half a decent suppressor. Pretty rifles are cool, but some of us have to pick and choose. I personally only keep a couple of AR's on hand, not counting my family heirlooms and handguns. For someone like me I would not spend the extra cash to Cerakote, I would rather buy a 1,000 rounds. Ammo is always my favorite, and yes I am a Rainier customer.
Civilian here too. :)

I also don't do any missions but I get the idea of having a 'mission' or rather a 'purpose' behind a build, otherwise you wind up with a heavy varmint barrel on an AR with a 1x red dot and a PDW stock on the thing...Nothing says mall ninja like a bunch of mismatched crap thrown together.

I am still 100% with you on the money. Rainier or not money doesn't grow on trees. I wish I had the cash to spend on all my whims. At the same time I like nice stuff.

At the end of the day I think we all enjoy nice stuff but on a more basic level we like shooting even more. I imagine if we had musket day as a group we would go out and have a ball. Then after that we would be looking at Uwone and Stickman's awesome collection of muskets and their piles of lead balls 3 foot deep.

I am of the school that one should be prudent with whatever funds they have at their disposal. If I bought everything on here that I see in pics that I like I would have spent about $2m bucks so far...

Yes we want to make it about gear but not so much that it overrides the shooting part. Shopping at Rainier doesn't mean people have no budget that should adhere to.