Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Project Eva

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I saw that pic and thought it was just In the White. Didnt realize there was a finish there.

11B, I may have to go browse some of your photos. Pretty sure I'm not planning to rattlecan anything, but my interest is certainly piqued.
    That pic I believe just has the rustoleum, no clear coat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Clear coat and rustoleum. Jeff Cross used that combo on the CMT 9mm PDW's at the NWSSE. Everyone thought it was powder coated and wanted that to be the finish of the production gun, until he told them what it actually was.
    I thought it was powder coat too from the Rainier pic above.
    He must have a much better rattle can hand than me! EVERYONE would know mine was spray painted... lol.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that pic and thought it was just In the White. Didnt realize there was a finish there.

11B, I may have to go browse some of your photos. Pretty sure I'm not planning to rattlecan anything, but my interest is certainly piqued.
    I'll see about taking some new non-iPotato ones tonight after the tiny human goes to bed

Downloads
    Uploads
    Couple pics of the CMT PDW

Name:  CMT PDW.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  939.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0832.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  631.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that's about the coolest thing I've seen all week

Downloads
    Uploads
    Meh. I'll never understand the appeal of pistol-caliber carbines.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Do you steal all the toys from whoville? You grinch...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    It's all about having fun range toys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Boom! She's done! She's also somewhat of a radical deviation from original parts list... but whatever!

Here's the ending specs from tip to tail.

Micor 1/8 Flash Suppressor
    PWS 16" Barrel
    MicroMOA Baby Govnah Gas Block ported at .070
    Melonited Gas Tube
    BCM KMR Alpha 15"
    Aero Upper w/ V7 Dust Cover and Forward Controls LDFA
    Sharp's Relia-Bolt and Balanced Bolt Carrier w/ V7 Cam Pin
    Geissele Charging Handle
    Rainier Lower & Trigger Guard
    Geissele SD3g
    BAD EPS
    Forward Controls EMR
    LWRC Safety Selector
    Umbrella Grip done up in Fishnets by BC
    PWS Ratchet End Plate and Receiver Extension
    Magpul SL Stock w/ Extended Buttpad
    Remaining internals are Colt

Accessories -
    Surefire m300 in an Arisaka Offset Mount
    Magpul MBUS Pro's
    Trijicon Accupower riding in a Bobro Extended R9 mount
    BCM Rail Panels

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 265
Size:  884.2 KB

Views: 251
Size:  929.9 KB

Views: 272
Size:  625.6 KB

Views: 268
Size:  959.9 KB

Views: 245
Size:  1,009.2 KB

I did a substantial amount of corresponding while doing this build, primarily with Slippers and JGifford who both really know their $h!t, as well as with Springco and MicroMOA. I got pretty deep into the nitty-gritty details such as extractor/ejector spring rates, proper gas port sizing, and ideal buffer/spring weights. JGifford hooked me up with a Green Ken Elmore extractor spring. I was going to get Colt ejector spring to pair with it, but missed them in stock. According to Springco, their ejector springs are a tiny bit stronger than Mil-spec so I grabbed one of those instead. My PWS barrel came with an oversized gas port that measured .082. I debated getting another adjustable gas block, but didn't really want to go that route with this build so I got ahold of MicroMOA. I gave them the specs of the rifle and they recommended me an ideal gas port size of .070, and that with a Springco White Spring and H2 buffer it should be totally reliable even in full-auto (which I certainly won't be using). They also told me I could probably go *slightly* smaller on the gas port since I was using a reliable-bolt and for some reason they cycle with less gas, but they hadn't tested it with a 16" middy yet so I stuck with .070 and had them drill me Baby Govnah downsized to that. I also called Sharp's about the relia-bolt to see how things had gone since their recall early this year. They informed me they had a couple returned afterwords, but the people who had sent them in had all purchased them from sources such as E-Bay or Craig's List and were suspected to be units not returned during the recall. I also inquired about their extractor material and was surprised to find out it was 4340, which is top of Mil-spec and also what Umbrella sells. Nice.

So, I didn't end up with a pretty billet upper (I *kinda* wish I'd have sprung for a Fortis), but she's got it in all the places that count. I'm hoping to be on the ground this weekend so I'll have a chance to see how she runs!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks beautiful. Form and function. The FDE stock is bold but easily swapped out. Nicely done. Looking forward to hear how she runs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Looks beautiful. Form and function. The FDE stock is bold but easily swapped out. Nicely done. Looking forward to hear how she runs.
    Thanks! Yeah, I typically don't run black stocks because not all the ranges I frequent have covered benches, and letting a black stock soak in summer sunlight in mid-south while you run a timer for a buddy.... yeah it'll get your attention when you cheek it next. But yeah, eager to get it out, see if the smoothness is as much as I'm anticipating. Also want to see how that PWS barrel does for accuracy.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    letting a black stock soak in summer sunlight in mid-south while you run a timer for a buddy.... yeah it'll get your attention when you cheek it next.
    That makes a lot of sense.