Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Eva

Downloads
    Uploads

Project Eva

Project Eva. Eva as kind of a shorthand for Evolution, as in WeaponEvolution

This is going to be a WEVO/Rainier theme build with a primary focus on... making me happy. Most of the time I take my builds very seriously, scrutinizing every detail and usually with a very specific focus. With Eva, the parameters are mostly based around the scope I'll be using (a Trijicon Accupower 1-4x), reliability... and aesthetics.

Basically I want a solid GP rifle that's as fun to look at as it is to shoot. It's also going to be filling a hole in my stable. Currently I have a 17.3" barreled rifle running adjustable/rifle gas, with a lightweight BCG and reduced power buffer spring. Pretty awesome, but I want something a little less experimental as my primary go-to. There's also my wife's rifle (the Wifle), and it's a 14.5" lightweight build using full weight internals, but it doesn't count for me because it's hers.

I owe both GOST and UWone77 a huge thanks, GOST for providing me with the artwork and vector files for the laser work, and UWone77 for permission to use the WEVO logo.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 590
Size:  839.6 KB

Views: 581
Size:  945.3 KB

As you can see... awesomeness has happened.

Thus far for parts I have the engraved Rainier lower, the Bootleg upper, a PWS 16" barrel, Geissele SD-E, and a Micor 1/8 twist flash suppressor.

The rest of the parts will be....

- BCM KMR Alpha 15", I've got a nice coupon from BCM from when they bought back my damaged KMR, and I think it'll blend nicely with the bootleg upper.
    - PWS Gen. 2 Buffer tube and ratchet lock end-plate, yeah, it's lighter, but mostly I want it for looks.
    - BCG... Probably a Rainier NiB Match Grade, but maybe a WEVO marked Fathom if I feel like waiting. Also slightly considering a PWS carrier and LMT E-Bolt.
    - Charging handle... I'm thinking a Rainier Avalanche, black with NiB knurled handles would look pretty sick. Maybe another Raptor, maybe a Geissele... probably the Avalanche.
    - Forward Controls ABC/R and redi-catch combo, probably their mag release button as well.
    - Either a BCM forged safety or perhaps B.A.D.'s new lightweight because it looks cool and I like their selectors I've already got. Debating a Rainier selector, but they're always out of stock and I'm not sure I want a 45 degree throw.
    - Gas block might be a 2A Ti gas block, but Duffy now put me in limbo when he mentioned Forward Controls was working on a gas block....
    - Furniture will be BCM's Gunfighter stock, and a Stark Equipment grip.
    - Irons will be Rainier's, and I'll be using a Blitzkrieg FSP.

All in all, she should be pretty B.A.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice list of parts!!

Should turn out nice

Downloads
    Uploads
    That graphic is amazing. This will be a nice build. Who did the laser work?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The laser work was done by Ident Marking in Rockwall, TX. They were awesome to work with and did amazing work. Was only $105.00 and they didn't charge me a transfer fee.

http://identmarking.com

Here's a couple more shots of the graphic.

Views: 518
Size:  750.3 KB

Views: 535
Size:  765.6 KB
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nicely done !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    BCM KMR Alpha 15", I've got a nice coupon from BCM from when they bought back my damaged KMR,
    I was wondering what ever happened with that....I must have missed the outcome.

BTW very nice build!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am diggin' that one, Aragorn! Nicely done!

Are we still on track for a gb receiver set this fall/winter? Would love to see some enthusiasm for a heavy set. I want to do an AR 10 build when it gets more toward the end of the year.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    While the logo isn't really my thing it is very nicely done by GOST and Ident. Glad to see it comes to life. Very nice! Ready to see the entire build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks a beauty! Sounds like you'll have a nice build on your hands when complete. Looking forward to seeing it come together.
    "There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat, plausible, and wrong." - H.L. Mencken

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good job with the lower.

The upper is hideous.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A PWS barrel in a WEVO/Rainier themed rifle Rainier makes some seriously accurate shootin' tubes

I love the lower...and hold out further design opinions til I see the finished product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright.... It's a build with an engraved WEVO lower from Rainier, that will also likely have other Rainier parts, as well as parts from other manufacturers.

I like the looks of the components and am expecting good performance, and it makes me happy. Which, REALLY, that's the true theme for this.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    ...sorta want

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a SI Ultimate Dust Cover. I really like it, but turns out it won't find a home on my Bootleg upper. Doesn't seem to seal well, even with the detent tightened way up. Also doesn't open fully. It'll clear the port plenty, but then stops before actually impacting the lower just due to where material meets on the Bootleg and SI UDC.

Views: 660
Size:  1.03 MB

Views: 629
Size:  1.05 MB

Views: 573
Size:  530.8 KB

Views: 571
Size:  456.2 KB

Views: 548
Size:  902.1 KB
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    That dust cover looks good. Send it to me, I'll use it!

Good-looking stick so far.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!