Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Project Eva

Downloads
    Uploads

Project Eva

UW, I only need the V7 stripped upper receiver and my build is under way (14.5").

Aragorn, I think the bootleg has a place. It's better looking than the BAD upper (I had two of those and sold them cause they just are weird). But outside the bootleg picmod rail, the Night rail is the closest thing I've found that looks good. And the Night is its own polarizing design.

The fortis upper is nice, by the way. Looks good on a BAD lower too.

I'm not sure the Cerakote color black used on the AXTS. It's just listed as "black" on their site. It's similar to annodizing color. It's not like the Teflon appearance of the Noveske sets these days.
    Last edited by fledge; 26 September 2016 at 13:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I wouldn't care about the color difference too much. A few range sessions and throwing it in some dirt will make it right as rain.

fledge, I've been eye balling a V7 Billet Set with the handguards & barrel... but of course I need another AR like I need a hole in my head. Definitely curious to see yours when it's done.

Haven't built up anything AR wise in awhile, so I'm hoping to keep it that way till at least next year. I've got a couple of projects that I'd stalled on just because I don't feel like buying the parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was actually looking through my gallery, as well as the AR pic thread on here, and also took note of the Fortis. Maybe that's what I need for my engraved lower, or simply just a Rainier forged upper...

Then just let the Bootleg sit. Or sell it.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't care about the color difference too much. A few range sessions and throwing it in some dirt will make it right as rain.

fledge, I've been eye balling a V7 Billet Set with the handguards & barrel... but of course I need another AR like I need a hole in my head. Definitely curious to see yours when it's done.

Haven't built up anything AR wise in awhile, so I'm hoping to keep it that way till at least next year. I've got a couple of projects that I'd stalled on just because I don't feel like buying the parts.
    It's more than just color. Lines don't match well where the B-Pillar/Fence just ends abruptly with pretty much any lower. Perhaps even more so is the widened barrel nut interface. Rules out a lot of forend, and doesn't see, to match well with some of the ones that do fit. The exceptions being the Nightrail and of course Bootlegs own forend.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW, it's on my plate next. I'll update the thread when I get it assembled... And then pinned. I am doing the V7 to replace the 2a Balios I sold (hated trigger guard cuts) as the "lightweight build." It'll be a good one to get my wife interested in rifles.

Just saw that Bootleg is now on Gunstruction. Now you can pair it with a lot of awful options, Aragorn. Haha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fledge, you wouldn't happen to have a San Tan upper to take a pic with a standard forged lower would you? Since I now seem to be entertaining the ideas of replacing the upper..

ETA: Or a Fortis for that matter?
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can do both. I'll try to get to it tonight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I can do both. I'll try to get to it tonight.
    Had no idea you had so much cool stuff. Thanks!
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Had no idea you had so much cool stuff. Thanks!
    fledge is the silent spender...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I'm not sure the Cerakote color black used on the AXTS. It's just listed as "black" on their site. It's similar to annodizing color. It's not like the Teflon appearance of the Noveske sets these days.
    The black Cerakote used by Noveske is Armor Black. I can't speak for AXTS but the black that a lot of other manufacturers use is Graphite Black. Graphite Black is more black, while Armor Black is slightly grayish or Teflon in appearance as you mentioned. Graphite Black is a real close match to the anodizing of the Battle Arms forged lowers or Rainier gen 2 uppers, hope that helps.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Noveske forged lower.

Fortis upper:

SanTan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    fledge is the silent spender...
    Or I coincidentally happen to be asked questions I can answer.... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Graphite Graphite Black is a real close match to the anodizing of the Battle Arms forged lowers or Rainier gen 2 uppers, hope that helps.
    Gotta remember that. Thanks! My guess is that AXTS is using graphite black.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Fortis looks really good. Lines match up perfectly on both sides. Hmmmm may have to do that... If I can find one in stock.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to mention that but didn't want to persuade you. :)

It's a solid upper. It has styling with restraint. The trick like always is matching a rail. I'm waiting for the fortis 10" night rail to be released (soon!) as this will be on a BAD SBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really think it would do badly with a KMR-A. It doesn't have the giant barrel nut interface like the Bootleg.

Can't think of a reason it would have bad flow. Really, the Bootleg is the only upper I've seen that makes a KMR look out of place.
    -One Nation, Under God