Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I was going to go the 9mm route I would have to go with Colt stick mags as the angle on the Glock mags looks retarded in my opinion but I'm plenty happy with my 300blk . That being said my next project is cutting down a 20in 44 mag lever gun to 16.5 to thread for a can

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    If I was going to go the 9mm route I would have to go with Colt stick mags as the angle on the Glock mags looks retarded in my opinion but I'm plenty happy with my 300blk . That being said my next project is cutting down a 20in 44 mag lever gun to 16.5 to thread for a can
    That's one thing about the AR9... I am not a huge fan of how the mags look. The term 'ugly as sin' does come to mind

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    That's one thing about the AR9... I am not a huge fan of how the mags look. The term 'ugly as sin' does come to mind
    I was gonna sbr a Quarter Circle 10 Colt lower but I decided to hold out for the CMT but realized it was a Glock style and lost interest .

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was gonna sbr a Quarter Circle 10 Colt lower but I decided to hold out for the CMT but realized it was a Glock style and lost interest .
    I'm not gonna lie... I wish SOMEBODY would make a 9mm mag for one of the things that isn't fugly.

I guess making mags is a little more complicated than I thought.

I guess I could just get a 50 or 100 round drum mag and see how that looks. It could have that tommy gun look to it maybe.

That honestly is one big plus for the Sig. Even though I don't know the whole set up and system to it yet, at least their mags aren't ugly as sin.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I could get my hands on one of these:

Name:  Vityazleftside3.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  95.7 KB

http://www.guns.com/2012/10/06/is-iz...ine-to-the-us/

Downloads
    Uploads

9mm AR vs .300 Blackout

Why is that?

The glock mag is the only reason I'm even interested in the AR9.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Why is that?

The glock mag is the only reason I'm even interested in the AR9.
    I know I'm just being picky but the Glock mag just doesn't flow right it looks unnatural and forced unlike the lines with a colt mag
    Name:  67d2359ed58ec77edfd3d954d19c36b7.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  143.1 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the same bullet as .308, so if you did both, you'd still be in a 9 mm scenario of sharing at least the most expensive part.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and sear packs only run 8k-10k. You could buy those for $200 apiece before the 86 ban....

Downloads
    Uploads
    And I think we should take a crook and shoot him from 3 yards to get real world CQ terminal ballistics input.

"We're going shoot you and you tell us which one of these two bullets hurts worse, mmkay?"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Want this one. Looks 10x better than the Glock mags IMO.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 614
Size:  69.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    And I think we should take a crook and shoot him from 3 yards to get real world CQ terminal ballistics input.

"We're going shoot you and you tell us which one of these two bullets hurts worse, mmkay?"
    I don't want to get shot with a water gun filled with two week old dog pee but it doesn't necessarily make it a great option for HD use

And Alamo, you gotta call it 300 BLK before you get into one.

My take on it: if it's a plinking/range toy, I'd go 9mm all day long. I have a .308, so I can hunt with that or my 5.56 ARs (with the right ammo). I have suppressors and I reload, but have no desire to handload for a new caliber and have to worry with converting 5.56 brass or buying 300 BLK brass, and I don't have a need for the increased ballistics of suppressed 300BLK vs a subsonic 9mm since I'm not using it for HD or hunting. 300BLK is the answer to a question I personally never asked. So for me personally, 9mm would fit the niche. But, if someone out there would like a multi purpose hunting, defense, and suppressed shooting round, can afford to buy the ammo or can load it themselves, then 300BLK is a great way to fill a lot of different shoes with one rifle.

I'd go with Glock mags just due to availability. I already have a bunch so it makes sense. If I had Colt mags laying around, I'd go that route. The economy of the choice and maximizing the utility of what I already have is the only driving factor...not appearance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not gonna lie... I wish SOMEBODY would make a 9mm mag for one of the things that isn't fugly.

I guess I could just get a 50 or 100 round drum mag and see how that looks. It could have that tommy gun look to it maybe.

That honestly is one big plus for the Sig. Even though I don't know the whole set up and system to it yet, at least their mags aren't ugly as sin.
    QC-10 makes their lowers in Glock AND HK, ya know. I don't think MP-5 mags would look too bad.

Oops! Sinner beat me to it. That's a sweet gun, I gotta say.
    Last edited by Joelski; 9 August 2016 at 15:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I'm just being picky but the Glock mag just doesn't flow right it looks unnatural and forced unlike the lines with a colt mag
    Name:  67d2359ed58ec77edfd3d954d19c36b7.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  143.1 KB
    The ETS mags don't look too bad.

But as I said above, if I were in a free state, I'd take the MPX, mags and all. Limited to 15rds, the glock mags make the most sense in my situation.

Downloads
    Uploads

you guys have it all wrong. the issue with 9mm ARs is they are making the LOWER fit the 9mm and not the upper. I'm waiting for someone to make a proprietary 9mm upper that works on a standard AR lower and has mags that are the shape of a 30rd 5.56 mag. similar to how the 22lr mags are the same size. I don't care how proprietary the upper parts are, i just don't want to have to change anything with the lower except maybe a buffer and spring. and it has to work with geissele triggers. if i was smarter, rich, and knew mechanical engineering and CAD better than the two classes i took in solidworks 99 i'd develop it myself.