Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

9mm AR vs .300 Blackout

Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    you guys have it all wrong. the issue with 9mm ARs is they are making the LOWER fit the 9mm and not the upper. I'm waiting for someone to make a proprietary 9mm upper that works on a standard AR lower and has mags that are the shape of a 30rd 5.56 mag. L
    I'd get behind that. And the magazine as an insert that goes in a standard pmag. This can't be that hard.

CMT's upper will be an original design around the 9mm. If only it worked with an SSA lower...

Downloads
    Uploads
    you guys have it all wrong. the issue with 9mm ARs is they are making the LOWER fit the 9mm and not the upper. I'm waiting for someone to make a proprietary 9mm upper that works on a standard AR lower and has mags that are the shape of a 30rd 5.56 mag. similar to how the 22lr mags are the same size. I don't care how proprietary the upper parts are, i just don't want to have to change anything with the lower except maybe a buffer and spring. and it has to work with geissele triggers. if i was smarter, rich, and knew mechanical engineering and CAD better than the two classes i took in solidworks 99 i'd develop it myself.
    BINGO! If that ever came to market there wouldn't even be a question. I would be all over it. Truth be told I was thinking the exact same thing this whole time but since it's not available...

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I'd get behind that. And the magazine as an insert that goes in a standard pmag. This can't be that hard.
    I want to know the answer to that as well. Why can't they fit a 9mm insert or whatever into a regular AR mag where it fits on a standard lower? I wish someone could answer that question because that is the ultimate solution.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post

I want to know the answer to that as well. Why can't they fit a 9mm insert or whatever into a regular AR mag where it fits on a standard lower? I wish someone could answer that question because that is the ultimate solution.
    I'd imagine that would cost as much as a dedicated mag. Might be easier and better quality to make the whole mag dedicated to the caliber

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd imagine that would cost as much as a dedicated mag. Might be easier and better quality to make the whole mag dedicated to the caliber
    I meant like to make a mag with the same dimensions as a PMag or a steel mag for an AR but do like was mentioned earlier... have be be like the .22LR mags where they can fit a standard lower.

Name:  mcmmg22.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  43.3 KB

There has to be a way to do it like that only in 9mm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah maybe. But for us with grandfathered standard capacity mags, we'd be part of the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tsk-tsk. You need to grieve and reconcile the fact that there won't be a "grandfathered" anything the way things are going.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reconciled. P

Yet the point about mags will be the same point about the firearms under discussion. So let's do the mags along with a good AR9 system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes me want to go back to playing with knives... []

Sorry, the to me, the AK is like Tori Spelling. Proof that no amount of money, or alteration can make something pretty.

Downloads
    Uploads
    you guys have it all wrong. the issue with 9mm ARs is they are making the LOWER fit the 9mm and not the upper. I'm waiting for someone to make a proprietary 9mm upper that works on a standard AR lower and has mags that are the shape of a 30rd 5.56 mag. similar to how the 22lr mags are the same size. I don't care how proprietary the upper parts are, i just don't want to have to change anything with the lower except maybe a buffer and spring. and it has to work with geissele triggers. if i was smarter, rich, and knew mechanical engineering and CAD better than the two classes i took in solidworks 99 i'd develop it myself.
    This is why I went with the CMT 9mm. AR inspired, but built as a dedicated 9mm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This is why I went with the CMT 9mm. AR inspired, but built as a dedicated 9mm.
    Agreed. The CMT is calling. Is there a release date yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Agreed. The CMT is calling. Is there a release date yet?
    Should know more at the NWFF late this month. That's when they plan to do the official announcement of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope their initial production is high enough to meet demand. Definitely let us know UW when you find out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^This!

That stuff always drops in between charge cycles for the toy account!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't Olympic Arms make a 9mm sized simunition paint ball thing that used a magazine like that? I'm thinking back about 2000.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk