Tin Ben Dur Guest

I wanna trick my M4

First off this is a great forum. Lots of info. I wanna trick my M4. I am sure Todd from Rainier will help. I would like to start out with the DD Omega Rail. What do yall think?

Downloads
    Uploads

Omega rail

Good choice. I like how it mounts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great choice Ben. Good to see you here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The OMEGA is the best FF Rail in this price range IMO.
    Some of the key advantages:
    No modification needed on your M4. If you decide to convert your AR back to using M4 handguards, you can.
    Continuous top Rail for Optics mounting.
    Light Weight.
    Daniel Defense Quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Ben Dur View Post
    First off this is a great forum. Lots of info. I wanna trick my M4. I am sure Todd from Rainier will help. I would like to start out with the DD Omega Rail. What do yall think?

Are you going for a certain look, or is this something based off a specific requirement (duty, home defense, target shooting etc)?

The Omega rail is showing itself to be a solid rail choice, but without knowing what you are looking for, its hard to make any specific comments.

Hopefully that makes a little sense.

Tin Ben Dur Guest
    Thanks Todd and John. Ok Stickman. Um, definitely home defense and target shooting. Maybe some jungle walk shoots and entry house shoots. I don't know. Just whatever I can do. I am somewhat ignorant about this stuff. I just love to shoot.

Tin Ben Dur Guest
    Ok I got me alittle money coming. Maybe enough to get the Omega rail, vertical grip, some of them cover things for the rail, and maybe a flip up rear sight until I can get the money for some optics. I would like to post pics as I build. That would be cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be helpful if you listed your current configuration. If you don't have iron sights in place, that would obviously be the first things to take care of. Then, I would look at ammo, magazines, some more ammo and some formalized training.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Ben Dur View Post
    Stickman. Um, definitely home defense and target shooting. Maybe some jungle walk shoots and entry house shoots. I don't know. Just whatever I can do. I am somewhat ignorant about this stuff. I just love to shoot.

Sounds good. The Omega rail is a good rail, have you thought about an optic?

Another idea would be to get a good sling, they aren't all that much money.

A flashlight and mount are another idea to consider, especially if its something that may get used for defense.

As Eric pointed out, if you don't have magazines, now is a good time to get them. Magazines have been banned before, and they probably will again in the next ban.

Tin Ben Dur Guest
    Ill post some pics. I have a Colt M4 with carry handle. 10- 30Rnd. mags Green fllowers, 2-20Rnd mags Colt, I think about 2,000Rnds of ammo. I think 900Rnds is SS109. I think I got enough stuff, I just ain't real familiar with AR's as much as I should be. Thanks for all the help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you are off to a very good start with everything so far. Nice choices.

Tin Ben Dur Guest
    Thanks Stickman. I love to shoot that thing. I just want to get some acc. I would like to try some PMags in OD. I will try and get some pics up tonight.

Tin Ben Dur Guest
    I hope this pick comes out alright.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Omega, I want to buy one but I certainly don't believe in the little bridge over the delta ring helping anyone out as far as mounting optics goes.

You don't want to bridge your optic from the upper to the handguards

I've taken off and put on enough barrel nuts to tell you that sometimes they are tough to torque or tough to line up. You usually don't get them lined up perfectly and there's enough slop in the gaps in the teeth for the gas tube to fit through without a problem.

Therefore, your barrel nut may be a degree or even a few minutes off of perfect and don't those four allen screws tighten into existing notches into the barrel nut? If they do, it will be timed wrong and could potentially be not so perfect without you even knowing it.

4MOA Aimpoint? no problem. Scope, maybe.