Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Concealed Carry Holster

I'm just curious what types of concealed carry holsters are being used out there. I'd like to know what works for you and what hasn't. I currently use a Galco Silhouette holster for my G21, which works fine for me, but I would also like to look into other options. The Silhouette rides a little high, which has its advantages and disadvantages. I would consider a IWB holster, but probably not with my G21. I've tried the ankle holster when I had a G26, but I did not personally care for that type of set up. Below are a few photos of my holster...

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
    Email ||| Webpage ||| Facebook ||| Flickr ||| YouTube Channel ||| Twitter ||| Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads

Scorpion

I personally carry a DeSantis Scorpion IWB for my Glock 26. This is a very comfortable kydex holster that I can wear for long periods of time and conceals the gun very well. I like that it doesn't collapse so I can put my gun back when I need to. The only problem is I have to buy my pants a size larger and my wife doesn't like that. As soon as I get someone to take a picture of me wearing it I'll try posting.

I also have an ankle holster setup for the G26, but I wear that only when I go to church and have a shirt and tie on. I have the same holster for my G21 that z7o has also, but I only wear that for plain-clothes duty at work. It is a good holster but does sit a little high as z7o mentioned.

I've tried the Fobus for the G26, and it's okay. I think most people have had one at some point so I don't need to go into too much detail.

I'm thinking someone needs to make a holster for an AR pistol so I can sport that around town.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also carry in a DeSantis IWB(Springfield Service Model XD-40). Not sure if it's the scorpion model or not. When I carried my 1911pd, I carried that in a Bianchi Minimalist and that seemed to work pretty well, but I think a 5" model would be too much for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had my BladeTech holster for 12 or so years, way back before kydex holsters were cool. Never had any problems, and its my favorite holster.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've also been using Blade Tech OWB holsters for a long time. When I managed to break an early version, they replaced it without question. A few years ago I added a few Serpa holsters. I was in need of something with a bit more retention than a standard friction-fit open top holster. I understand the issues that some folks have issues with the retention mechanism and method of release, but it works for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a G-Code:

Downloads
    Uploads
    A southpaw Mitch Rosen Premier for my SIG P-245:

Last edited by louie; 5 May 2009 at 18:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My options are pretty limited while I'm still overseas, but this is my rig of choice here in Germany: an HK P7 (what we can the PSP) in a Mitch Rosen 5JR.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone given the Raven Concealment Holsters a go? I'm considering one for my Kimber/X300 combo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OWB: Mitch Rosen. IWB: Milt Sparks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Titleist,

I picked up a Raven Phantom Holster for my Kimber w/ X300. When I ordered it I also picked up the IWB attachments. They aren't on yet (too damn cold in upstate NY)

Its very comfortable OWB. Very close to the body. I would buy it again. Here are a couple pics.

Let me know if this helped at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For 1911s I carry in a Versa Max II. I've been carrying my G19 in a Raven with the IWB clips. I was using the rubber loops, but for whatever reason the clips actually seem more comfortable.

I'm 6' and 170 lbs, and wear khakis and an untucked polo shirt virtually every day, and the IWB holsters with the loops offset to the outside like these two is what works for me. I'm also, especially lately, stuck sitting on my ass most of the day, so shorter barrel length is a concern for me even though the gun is IWB.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob,

Are you carrying a Government Model, or a reduced profile variant like the Commander or Officers?

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When I bought my G23 about 7yrs ago I bought a sidearmor iwb and I still have it and like it. I bought a Para P14-45 last year (tax time) and a friend suggested a friend of his website *TMF* and picked up a Raven *phantom modular holster* I have found the holster to be a great iwb and very comfortable for all day wear, the only problem is, I think it would work better with a single stack 1911 for retention as my P14 easily falls out if tipped.

(Hey Stick long time no see!)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XCoastie View Post
    Titleist,

I picked up a Raven Phantom Holster for my Kimber w/ X300. When I ordered it I also picked up the IWB attachments. They aren't on yet (too damn cold in upstate NY)

Its very comfortable OWB. Very close to the body. I would buy it again. Here are a couple pics.

Let me know if this helped at all.
    Why did I not notice this weeks ago. Sorry, XCoastie, I never saw this post.

A couple of quick questions, is the holster lined with anything? Kinda looks like it from your pictures. i.e how the 6004s have their felt lining.

I'm gonna give RCS a call tomorrow and order a Phantom for my 1911/X300 (I hope they can accommodate for a Dawson rail).
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."