Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

An animal I just don't understand...

A few months ago I joined another firearms forum. I lurked about 95% of the time and only made a grand total of 4 or 5 posts all together...yet I find myself today suspended...

I didn't even start the original thread...I just responded to someone else's thread which was something along the lines of "are you seeing signs or more panic buying" and "Which items are going to go first...ammo.... magazines..." and they had a whole list of stuff...

I merely responded with something like 'if Hillary wins it's still going to depend on the outlook of congress but one can't be too careful"... the whole thing was 2-3 sentences long...

But as it turns out the animal I don't understand is the gun owning Democrat. I just don't get it.

The mods on that other forum went through the roof and suspended and/or banned me and everyone who was even remotely questioning Hillary.

Another guy posted something like 'If Hillary gets elected she's going to try and put someone on the SCOTUS that will harm gun rights'.... he got nuked as well. As did a whole bunch of other people.

As for forums go... I can understand that they should principally be based around their subject matter... photography should be about photography... finger painting should be about finger painting... and guns should be about guns... I understand that forums don't want to see things digress into nonsense and fighting or whatever...

But in this case it's clear that they were taking action on their 'non political forum' against people who didn't agree with them politically.

I seriously don't understand though the hardcore Democrat gun owner. Maybe I am isolated here in Texas where that stuff doesn't even come up.

I get the idea that there may be other issues where someone might be attracted one way or another. One person might believe in legal weed and the other not... but when it comes to firearms and the constitution one would think it's pretty clear cut in the gun community that we need to make a stance. Even finding a pro gun Democrat... fine...alright... I get it...

But I really don't understand the dynamics of all that especially among those who are supposedly representing large populations of the gun community proactively targeting people who even indirectly question their woman for POTUS.

/Rant Off

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wanna get banned... what forum was it, PM me. I'll stir the pot

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is how most forums run. You piss off one person, you get banned. No warning, no discussion of positions, you're just done.

Liberal Gun owners, almost an oxymoron. I find that most liberals I know that are gun owners are just have a passing interest. They may have a pistol or a shotgun and claim they are staunch 2A supporters. Other liberals just seem to care that they have theirs before the ban.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    This is how most forums run. You piss off one person, you get banned. No warning, no discussion of positions, you're just done.

Liberal Gun owners, almost an oxymoron. I find that most liberals I know that are gun owners are just have a passing interest. They may have a pistol or a shotgun and claim they are staunch 2A supporters. Other liberals just seem to care that they have theirs before the ban.
    I had a total of 32 combined posts with about 2/3 of those on one thread (about suppressors)... I started three threads with one of those being an introduction.

Their forum is pretty damn boring though to be honest so I'm not missing much.

We are fortunate around here IMO. Every now an again we get a Gucci asshole that really does need to be banned but for the most part we stay on topic without being phobic if someone mentions something that isn't neatly within the handbook.

Like I said though, it baffles me that we have people who adamantly are so left they are almost right...

It makes me wonder that among the industry as a whole just how pervasive that kind of bullshit really is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A lot of forum moderators develop a "Hive Mind" when it comes to their beliefs and if you challenge those beliefs, you are an asshole, beyond a shadow of a doubt, no ifs ands or buts. What surprises me is that a liberal (gun owner or not) could be put in charge of riding herd over actual 2A supporters. Was it the place known lovingly as TOS? []
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still read M4c, but the hive mind there are generally dicks to new people IMHO. They all just tell them to use the search button and give no further direction. I guess it's tiresome to repeat the same topics over and over, but new people have to start somewhere.

I quit arfcom for the most part. It's just painful, but I do enjoy Mark LaRue trolling all the Geissele threads for entertainment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If a new guy tells me he looked all over and can't find the answer to his question, I will try to enthusiastically and energetically help him or her find what they're looking for, exchange some nice dialogue and that's how a believer is born! Nothing can achieve, or maintain a great rep once the members start eating their young.

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I can say is this is the only firearm forum that I belong to. I came here (credit where credit is due) because Stickman was just a really awesome guy to me on Facebook. I got to marginally get to know him (and Chris Tran I think is his name)... both of those guys I still give major props to. They tell it like it is but they don't have an attitude that turns people off. I think it takes a certain type that can shepherd people that are willing to learn.

I've tried to go to other forums a long time ago and pretty much ran across the Angry Old Man™ and the dude who knew everything about guns because he plays call of duty or because his uncle went to Vietnam.

Basically put there are plenty of dicks out there and they almost all show up on the internet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still read M4c, but the hive mind there are generally dicks to new people IMHO.
    I generally have the same opinion. I go there for info and for the EE. The tone here on WEVO is much more inviting. That's why I hang around. Btw, where's the support link here?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of the liberals i know don't own any guns, not even toy guns for their kids. Of the liberals i know that do own guns, they own exactly one, and they keep locked away in a closet were it'll do them no good should they ever need to access it quickly. In most cases, they own pump action shotgun (with a 28" barrel that would make it pretty awkward to use in the home) because "just racking the action will scare off an intruder". Most have probably never fired the gun they own, and certainly have no intention of telling their children that they own a gun, let alone instruct them how to safely handle and use it. I think it's more of a "feel good" purchase for them, rather than an investment in the protection of themselves or their families. They get to say that they own a gun and support the Second Amendment, despite voting yes on every pro-gun control, anti-2A politician or piece of legislation that comes along. All of them think the Second Amendment applies to muskets and hunting, and they all believe that you're a "gun nut" if you have more than 2 firearms and more than a couple boxes of ammo for each one. I've even had a few unfriend me on facebook, etc. because they disagree with my stance on the Second Amendment, and they get their panties in a twist when guns are the subject of conversation in the workplace, which i find highly amusing.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really don't like talking politics with anybody. It never seems to lead to a productive conversation.

The few liberal friends that I do have seem to have taken an interest in buying firearms lately, and talking about getting CC permits. Not sure why...maybe they're turning a new leaf. I just try to emphasize that they need to familiarize themselves with it, continue to shoot over time, and enjoy it. Heck, I'd be happy to have a new shooting buddy...I don't care what your political views are.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Generally speaking I won't frequent forums who have been known to censor anyone in any way. I post photos on a few forums I don't post non-photo posts, that's about it. Forums I don't post anything other than photos - m4c, arfcom, defensivecarry and USN. They will censor your posts if they don't conform to the hive and I have no reason contribute otherwise. Places I dont post anything else other than a review - primaryandsecondary which is in it for the money not the content, so they get nothing from me, I might even stop posting reviews there.

Places I frequently post on here and pistol-forum. Because the admin are good and the general membership is fantastic.

Places I've quit - paragonpride, TPI, and a few others (which I can't remember right now...) simply because they have horribly polarized membership and the moment you go against the grain you get nuked instantly.

This is all in the last two years, there are of course many more forums out there that I've stopped participating in because of random things. For example snipers hide is a place I used to lurk but since they got bought by that Canadian company I stopped going. In fact any forum owned/bought by that company will be ignored by me.

Whatever forum it is please post the url, we shouldn't be afraid of causing some waves.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We all make mistakes, including all forums. Some make more than others, and some are more thin skinned than others. Hell, I had to ban myself for the last 2/3 of the year. The problem with forums is that we are not responsible for what we post in most part, it's like we get Hillary privileges.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    I really don't like talking politics with anybody. It never seems to lead to a productive conversation.

The few liberal friends that I do have seem to have taken an interest in buying firearms lately, and talking about getting CC permits. Not sure why...maybe they're turning a new leaf. I just try to emphasize that they need to familiarize themselves with it, continue to shoot over time, and enjoy it. Heck, I'd be happy to have a new shooting buddy...I don't care what your political views are.
    I told Jeff Randall he didn't want religion or politics as topics of conversation on his forum and now he's just finishing switching to his second forum that he and Mike Perrin pay to operate after the first one was overrun with bullshit, passive-aggressive flame wars. Prior to those topics, the forum was a smaller group of knife enthusiasts that was like sitting around a campfire with friends; kind of like the way it is here. The politics and religion brought out a greater percentage of lurkers with increasingly snarky comments and once you invite polarizing topics, every single group of adults turn into babies, arguing their way is better. For clarity, look at the last democratic fillibuster on gun control; petulant brats who sat on the floor wiht their lower lip stuck out, refusing to do anything until everybody agreed once again to enact laws that have existed for years.

BTW: there is a political, bitching/moaning forum on the new forums, but now the whole site is moderated, which didn't need to be done before the snark moved in and stunk the old place up. Best way in the world to drive off knowledgeable posters who don't want to wade through the BS to get to good threads.

Downloads
    Uploads
    . They may have a pistol or a shotgun and claim they are staunch 2A supporters. Other liberals just seem to care that they have theirs before the ban.
    This is the "I support the 2nd Amendment, But........." crowd. Fudds are very close to this. They have had shotguns and hunting rifles for decades, but never learned the "Why" behind ownership, simply use them for hunting and nothing else.