Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few points...

When it comes to forums I think 'self censorship' should be sort of encouraged. Everybody has run across them... those people who are just very unpleasant to deal with even when they are wrong. It might be attacking people, flame wars, know it alls, plain old assholes, or whatever. As a general rule keeping the topic on the topic isn't a bad thing. I've been on sites where they allowed religious debates and it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. What ended up was a huge fight and people got offended and it spilled over across the board so after that only people with certain religious views that met up with 'the hive' were accepted...obviously I dislike that kind of thing. If the Baptists take over but a Methodist shows up that's no reason to ban the Methodist, or even make them feel unwelcome through snide or rude comments.

But for the gun community as a whole to say 'politics' is off limits entirely is ridiculous. I'm not saying get a day-to-day rundown on things but it's something that directly impacts us.

Take for example that recent thread here:

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...s-to-skyrocket

Well that is directly relevant to us as a community, but on Rimfire Central you run high odds of being banned for political speech if you posted that and/or anyone questions the Obama Administration, the ATF, or bitches about the NFA.

At the very least they will remove your post and if you question it (as I did) you get nuked. It's a best heavy handed but for the gun community to be forced to be unaware because of a stupid and rigid forum rule that impacts or could impact everyone. The minute anyone there says 'the Obama Administration' or whatever it's classified as political speech and subjected to heavy censorship and deletion.

As for the gun loving Democrat--- I get it--- people might be swayed all kinds of ways on social issues but there are some who don't believe that guns=crime and that criminals are the problem, not the hardware they select to terrorize the community. I see those types "Blue Dog" or whatever you want to call em more middle of the road. They are using more common sense when it comes to firearms, law enforcement, gun laws, or whatever. At the end of the day it really does boil down to weird views on crime, criminals, and law enforcement.

But there is a wacky crowd that says 'you don't need (insert model and make here)'... and then you have those who might have shot a gun twice in their life (Joe Biden) standing up proclaiming the virtues of shotguns or whatever. These people are talking out of both sides of both of their faces.

They spout off about guns being the cause of crime in Chicago, they want to pick people for the SCOTUS that will overturn gun law, they want expensive and useless registries, they ignore the dividing line between the criminal element and legit law abiding gun owners and they want to force everyone to live by a different set of rules because of their perverted views on criminals and gangs. IE Let's make Farmer Bob go through a 10 day wait to buy a shotgun, and get a background check to get a case of #8 bird shot all because some gang banging black kids in Chicago are shooting each other over drug dealing turf....

All in all... I just dislike all that bullshit.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 14 September 2016 at 08:04.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that a post or short story?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    More like a rant... LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's nice to see others that have had the same experience as I also migrated away from Arfcom and M4C. This place has a much nicer tone. It's still a forum, it still seems to have an "in" crowd - the difference is they are welcoming here.

The other two.. I'm mostly a lurker, I prefer to read than to post - correction to that.

I prefer to read when I can learn, post when I can share knowledge

Unfortunately on too many forums post count = SME, each time I would try to give corrective information I ended up in an argument.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After years of reading articles and filtering through the opinions instead of facts I joined arfcom... I did it solely for the EE. I comment here and there and it's not well received... I'll hang here and buy there

Downloads
    Uploads
    My first post on ARFCOM got me banned

Downloads
    Uploads
    SCREW RIMJOB CENTRAL!!! Where's my ban hammer, I'll show those neocon pussies!

Oh wait... I'm not a moderator. Or even a moderate drinker!

This is your average T/1, HSLD Operator (C.O.D.) from other forums:

So, yeah... One or two other places are pretty square, but I'll take this place any day. Thanks for having my know-nothing, cellphone picture taking, no good self.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    You beat me.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicely done!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't even being dickish; I said something mildly controversial, correcting someone else ... and BAM! Those toolbags can't take any kind of criticism.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't get banned. More like shunned, and told to get my head out of my ass, NOOB! for simply stating I've never had a problem with a high quality NIB BCU. Verbally, I got the shit beat out of me for that one sentence that, as far as I can tell, is about as controversial and adversarial as a basket of puppies. On M4C, I think it was.

Turns out that the "Queen Bee" of the hive, works for a company that uses another proprietary coating for BCU's. The hive attacked like a thousand loyal bees, basically, for daring to even broach the subject. I also like it when some faggot pizza faced kid calls me a NOOB!, but doesn't have a clue or even consider that I might not be. P.S. I don't have an association with anyone who manufactures or coats BCU's with anyone, using anything, and I don't sell the shit either, so I definitely didn't have a dog in that fight.

Other places are like a battle field. There is no content, just verbal combat and the chaos of a battlefield. Continuous attacks on top of attacks on top of more attacks. Hundreds of threads of them.

My take on forums like that is I probably wouldn't like them in person, either, so FUKEM and feed 'em cheese. The internet is a big place, lots of other places to go.

As far as the "use the search button Noob!", I see it's pretty prevalent in the "whore house" forums. Hell, I know how to use the search button here, and I still have to ask questions, that have probably been asked before, and have NEVER been admonished, well maybe under someone's breath, but not publicly humiliated in the forum. I usually get an answer and/or a link.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 5 November 2016 at 15:29.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    FortTom I'm with you on the search button - if every question was searched and answered via a 2009 thread, where would new findings and information go, and what content WOULD get posted to engage the members?

It's like the rescue dog thing - we're all supposed to buy dogs from rescues, spay and neuter them, and drive the breeders out of business..
    Well with no breeders, in a generation or two their won't be any dogs to rescue.

With no one re-engaging new people on topics that may feel re-hashed, there will eventually be no new content, and no forum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wasn't even being dickish; I said something mildly controversial, correcting someone else ... and BAM! Those toolbags can't take any kind of criticism.
    MD,
    That was your mistake. If you're going to be a dick, don't be "dickish", be a total dick. Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast and cheat if you have to (my motto) and what I want on the plaque below the bronze statue of myself to be erected next to Abe Lincoln, upon my demise....
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    FortTom I'm with you on the search button - if every question was searched and answered via a 2009 thread, where would new findings and information go, and what content WOULD get posted to engage the members?

It's like the rescue dog thing - we're all supposed to buy dogs from rescues, spay and neuter them, and drive the breeders out of business..
    Well with no breeders, in a generation or two their won't be any dogs to rescue.

With no one re-engaging new people on topics that may feel re-hashed, there will eventually be no new content, and no forum.
    Congratulations, "POST OF THE DAY".
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys just like this forum cause the moderators and administrators here are lazy.
    flickr
    facebook