Downloads
    Uploads

Review: KAC Battery cover/Intensity knob for Aimpoint H/T series RDS

Doing this at the request of another guy on the forum. I'm no great shakes photographer like everybody else on here so I hope I include everything you wanted to know!

This little guy is known as the battery cover assembly, made by Knight's Armament Company, purveyors of fine death by long distance lead overdoses the world over! This cover is a direct replacement for the Aimpoint Micro H!/H2/T1/T2 red dot sights and is a tool-less swap. The purpose of the battery cover is twofold: it does replace the stock battery cap with a high level of snaziness, however it also allows taking a spare battery along, you know, for those trips that might take 5 to 7 years before you can get back home for a fresh battery.

The stock Aimpoint battery cover feels like a semi-sharpened raised edge for the body of the emitter intensity knob, in which the battery sits. The KAC offering adds an extra bit of width to the cover, but that width is utilized wisely on the outiside, adding scallops around the outer edge for a positive grip that adds touch with or without gloves. On the inside of the cap, there is room for a spare CR 2032 battery and the spacer that comes with the cover. The outer surface is laser engraved with the KAC logo. That's it, that's all there is to say. I like it and would add them to all of my Micros if I had more than one! If you're patient, you can find these for $35-$40 on Amazon.com, otherwise, you're looking at pretty much $45 everywhere. Thanks for looking!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Not too shabby! Not shabby at all.

I am going to put this on the list of nick knacks that I am probably going to buy.

I assume that fatter, wider grip makes adjusting illumination a bit easier because you can get a better purchase on the knob...

Yessir.... on the list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah. The knob actually turns instead of slicing up your digits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The nice fella with KAC helped to organize group buy of caps branded with the forum names, but everybody was a twat rather than following instructions. I bet if anybody could score us and WEVO a deal like that, it would be UW, or Stick. I nominate those guys to be a peace delegation on behalf of how it should be and see if we can get some WEVO Battery caps!

BOOYAH!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    The nice fella with KAC helped to organize group buy of caps branded with the forum names, but everybody was a twat rather than following instructions. I bet if anybody could score us and WEVO a deal like that, it would be UW, or Stick. I nominate those guys to be a peace delegation on behalf of how it should be and see if we can get some WEVO Battery caps!

BOOYAH!!!!
    If this thing had the WEVO logo on it... I would be on it. For sure. That would be bad ass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think A crusader shield with the WEVO logo on it would be tits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be down for one or two

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wish someone would comment accurately on its effect on waterproofing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's an O-ring and it screws down the exact same as the stock one, so I would imagine the ratings would be the same, which is to say 10' for the H/T-1 and 60' for the H/T-2 models IIRC. I've had it out for hours in the rain with no issues.

Correction: I was thinking of my scope. The H and T series reds are rated "Fully Waterproof" on the Aimpoint product sheets. Cheers!
    Last edited by Joelski; 9 September 2016 at 12:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    There's an O-ring and it screws down the exact same as the stock one, so I would imagine the ratings would be the same, which is to say 10' for the H/T-1 and 60' for the H/T-2 models IIRC. I've had it out for hours in the rain with no issues.

Correction: I was thinking of my scope. The H and T series reds are rated "Fully Waterproof" on the Aimpoint product sheets. Cheers!
    The O-ring interface with the cap is very different on the KAC vs. OEM cap. Much more engagement with the factory OEM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well bud, if you're gonna take your optics underwater at the range, this cap obviously isn't for you. I'll take my chances on a govt contractor with a distinguished record. BTW: there are no disclaimers that this is a toy and not for use in combat, or life safety/HD scenarios. YMMV.