Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Poll: What are your favorite YouTube gun channels?

I have to admit some gun channels I like and others I don't like at all. I have a few that I regularly go to but I am always open to trying out new things

For me my list of favorite YouTube channels is this (in no order)...

IraqVeteran8888

8541Tactical

Silencer Shop's videos

FPS Russia hasn't put up anything in ages that I know of... he kind of fell off the map it seems, but still worth a mention...

Military Arms Channel

I also like some of Kirsten Joy Weiss's videos too.

Demolition Ranch is alright... it's somewhat entertaining.

I want to expand my horizons so let me know which channels you like to watch...put up your lists.

If you so desire you can also add a hate list as well... as in "I hate James Yeager"... but that's up to you...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Primary & Secondary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    TWANGnBANG
    Mrgunsngear
    hickok45
    Militaryarmschannel

I don't regularly follow any channel, but these are the ones I seem to end up watching the most.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sooch00
    MAC
    US Military Videos & Photos
    FPS Russia

"God Bless America. Long live the Republic."
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm subscribed to:
    8541 Tactical
    Colion Noir
    Firepower United
    FPS Russia
    IraqVeteran8888
    MBest11x

Wouldn't call it hate, but...nutnfancy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use to watch a lot of these guys very regularly. Don't quite have that time anymore.

But - the ones I do end up watching periodically include:
    Haley Strategic
    IraqVeteran8888
    Forgotten Weapons
    Firepower United
    MBest11x (I guess you can call him a gun channel? haha)
    Military Arms Channel
    TFBTV
    The Gun Collective
    hickok45

Every once in a while/very infrequently
    Mrgunsngear
    sootch00
    Colion Noir (use to follow him closely)
    TwangNBang
    nsz85
    22plinkster
    Jerry Miculek
    Vickers Tactical
    HossUSMC
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to say that I don't contribute to anybody's self-esteem as an internet tactical rifle sensation, I think that's jump out the window stupid. I get that some people may not have access to any other venue or media for picking up knowledge, but I still think overall that reading, even forums, is better than getting your info as gospel from somebody you don't know that thinks they're putting out Oscar-worthy performances in front of their video camera. I do find the ones I chose to list tolerable and practical in their presentation. That said, if I really want to learn something either about rifles, or how to shoot (Not RUN. GOD I hate that word in that usage!), I take a class. Buckeye Firearms Assn puts out a great list of them and I try to hit 2 or 3 a year.
    Last edited by Joelski; 7 September 2016 at 16:24.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I enjoy TheGunCollective as of late. I enjoy some of the others mentioned as wells. TGC is more of a news/update based channel, and he publishes a new episode every Monday.
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    I rarely watch Youtube for firearms content.

Sometimes I'll click on someone's clip of a gun as long as it's not 20+ minutes long.

I'll watch MAC as he usually over viewing something I may have interest in, and he's knowledgeable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only time I watch YT content is when someone sends me a link and you can tell from what I repost on my site a lot of people send me links.

I have very simple issues with most of the YT gun industry celebs and I don't need to listen to the majority of them because they haven't a clue as to what they are talking about.

For example...

Any YT reviewers that have an unboxing video and a twenty second clip of them shooting the item or talking about the item or installing it. Please stop, you arent doing a review you are shilling a product.

Any YT "training" videos of guys doing .7x two hand shirt pull draws from their sidecar at a dummy a foot way then stabbing it or some other stupid shit. Stop. Not only will you never do that in real life you'll likely never do that anywhere except at the range. There is a very valid reason to train something similar but it is lost because they are going for "cool points" and not burning good reps of good solid skillsets.

The YT thirty minute mindset talks that some people have, Yeager, Haley, whoever that guy is that said an hk416 is exactly the same as his lwrc. Stop. If you knew what you are talking about you would know you can't teach it in a video, especially a long and boring one. That 5 minute video Defoor put out on mindset? Quick overview of topics? Fantastic and blows 99.99% of these idiots out of the water.

YT vids about the newest products that the person just happens to either work for the company or is sponsored by the company or the person helped design the product. Awesome, thanks for shilling your product. Obviously you like it, you are paid to like it.

Vids i like - data driven anything, ballistic tests, methods of shooting precision, step by step explanation of a specific skillset which would otherwise require going to a class to find out. Experience based statements of fact - "this works because I used it to shoot a guy...it may not work for you but did in my particular situation."

Most YT vids are shills of something. That turns me away all the time. The other part are people tryin to make themselves out to be something they arent- Haley, Vickers, anyone wearing a sidecar and shooting at 3 feet, CrossFit/uspsa/shooting game videos (because they are essentially the same thing).

Edit just to add, I enjoy Matthew's stuff because it's pure comedy and he doesn't want anyone to take it seriously. He makes fun of all these same people I just listed, why? Because they deserve it and it's funny. Maybe we need more comedy like that and less holstersniffing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am kind of in the same school as voodoo man...sort of. I like watching videos that I can learn something from although I am never attracted to tactical ninja bullshit.

For example something like this is good:

I also like ballistics gel tests (sometimes).... I also like things like those IraqVeteran and plinkster videos that show facts about firearms.... for example the other day I watched one where they shot a .22 LR out to 500 yards. Interesting yes. Data driven yes.

I was always told growing up as a kid that .22's would kill somebody out to a mile... so it's fun to see things like that tested and seeing the practicality of that really happening.

I watched one about scope mounting... that was good too. I watched another about how to pick the correct height of rings. It didn't tell me which rings to buy, but rather to take x, y, z and this and that into account and showed a couple of methods to get a rough idea on measuring what's right for you depending on the scope in question...

There are a bunch of things that can show everything from how a fancy reloader really works (or might not work) or a number of other things.

One thing I have yet to ever care for is the 'tactical ninja' type videos. Those drive me insane.

I recall one I watched was actually a preview to a class... it showed basic tactics on how lights are used in say indoor situations. It was extremely interesting. Of course I'm no expert in lights but I came away from that video actually motivated to enroll in a class about it.

Then of course there is the just downright fun videos or the stuff that is cool to watch for entertainment value. There is something cool about watching people shoot machine guns or whatever but even then sometimes they get trashy or lame.

I tend to gravitate to things that are practical and information driven, but even then I don't take any of them as gospel.

I don't really have a criteria per se except that the person talking can't be annoying and it's something I'm interested in or it's just cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    LOL. You know what's funny? I subscribed to the AMU a long time ago, and have since forgotten they exsist on YT - until now haha.
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wach toolboxluis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I wach toolboxluis.
    Wish he was still making videos. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Wish he was still making videos. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it bad that I seriously watched all of his videos?