Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Umbrella Corporation Weapons Research Group Gen 2 Lowers / Uppers

Not much is known about the new Umbrella Billet Receivers, but I did confirm with them that uppers will be available separately for those that have existing UCWRG Billet Lowers.

We have a new billet lower design complete and we’re excited to get them out there. While we’d like to have receivers ready before the election, we’re pushing to have them finished before Christmas. Timelines can change, especially after November. Like our first billet design these will include the ADAC for right side bolt catch. We’ve made a few improvements to this lower; the magwell bevel is deeper and by popular request we’ve added a tension screw. You might also notice we’ve switched the logo from the 3D version to our standard deep laser engraved umbrella. These lower receivers still feature our unique magwell geometry and are WEDM cut for an even smoother finish. Billet uppers will follow soon after the lowers are released to complete the pair.

http://www.ucwrg.com/

Name:  UCWRG-billet-lower-v2.jpg
Views: 2501
Size:  30.0 KB
    Name:  UCWRG-Billet-Upper.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  42.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Super glad I've got the 3D engraved lower, since that's now retired. Not sure I see anything to get excited about with the upper though.

I AM excited to see their new BCG...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorta want..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Sorta want..
    staaaph!!!!!

I need an upper. Will resist buying a lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    staaaph!!!!!

You. Resist. Hahaaa!! Good one...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's not the style of this forum to rag on companies so don't take this the wrong way but has umbrella gotten their shit together yet? I have a close friend that paid in full for their first billet lower. It took almost 2 years to complete and ship it to him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a GFY lower. Going to grab a few just because they have the ADAC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not going to pay more for what amounts to a less cool logo. Pass.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    staaaph!!!!!

Want both.

What's the point of not buying a set?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Not going to pay more for what amounts to a less cool logo. Pass.
    I believe they claimed it would be lower cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    I know it's not the style of this forum to rag on companies so don't take this the wrong way but has umbrella gotten their shit together yet? I have a close friend that paid in full for their first billet lower. It took almost 2 years to complete and ship it to him.
    If that's the case that is COMPLETELY unacceptable. After that long I don't know who to blame more. them or him. I would have asked for a refund a long time before that ever happened.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you didn't wait 10 years for your Shrike upper
    2 years is but 1/5 of that, blink of an eye. If Ares kept up its scandalous pre-order program, we could have close to 8 belt fed uppers in our life time (based on the average American's lifespan of 78.7 years).

Umbrella Corporation is good people.
    Last edited by Duffy; 9 September 2016 at 17:27.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If that's the case that is COMPLETELY unacceptable. After that long I don't know who to blame more. them or him. I would have asked for a refund a long time before that ever happened.
    i think after a year he pretty much said f it lets see how this plays out. Plus he didn't NEED the money. That said all their stuff is pretty nice quality

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Well, you didn't wait 10 years for your Shrike upper
    2 years is but 1/5 of that, blink of an eye. If Ares kept up its scandalous pre-order program, we could have close to 8 belt fed uppers in our life time (based on the average American's lifespan of 78.7 years).

Umbrella Corporation is good people.
    I don't know what a shrike upper is but at least the ares is something different. 18 months to get a billet lower to market is kinda crazy. But they delivered in the end. I assume those area uppers haven't made it to market that well?

Also I have no doubt umbrella wasn't out to screw people. They are new and had a few bumps. I'm just hoping they worked it out this round.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure what business model UCWRG has, seems like they don't sell product year round.

BUT... I like the quality of their stuff, and the Umbrella logo reminds me of my teenage years playing Resident Evil.