Downloads
    Uploads

Lancer L5 AWM Fit

The magwell on a recently completed build of mine is a bit tight. Gen 2 and 3 PMAGs are tight on inserting and are definitely not drop free. More like hold mag release and pull. D&H aluminum mags fit just fine. Are L5 AWMs closer in size to PMAGs or USGI mags?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't speak for how they will fit your lower, but the ones I have are a thinner profile than PMAGs. Mine are smoke colored and have dropped free from all my lowers, they are some of my favorite mags. I usually run Lancer and USGI mags.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Without measuring, I feel they are closer to USGI and mine all drop free quite well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If a USGI fits, my lancers also fit. If I have an issue with magazines being too tight it's almost always with Magpul's. The .308's are even worse. I have not found many that drop from a lower without assistance in the .308's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    If a USGI fits, my lancers also fit. If I have an issue with magazines being too tight it's almost always with Magpul's. The .308's are even worse. I have not found many that drop from a lower without assistance in the .308's.
    Threadjack: As I'm working on building my first AR10, what mags do you suggest/prefer for the .308? The DPMS mags seem to get good reviews and I'm sure the L7s are good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Yep.

I use Magpul's for stockpiles. Lancers are pretty much my Go-To on .308 AR's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the consensus seems to be that the Lancers are closer to the USGI than the Magpul. I'll throw one in my next parts order and see how it fits. Thanks as always.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Threadjack: As I'm working on building my first AR10, what mags do you suggest/prefer for the .308? The DPMS mags seem to get good reviews and I'm sure the L7s are good.
    I honestly can't say any metal mag is better than any other. Just never had issues with any from Knight's to Brownell's. The metal mags are without a doubt harder on the brass if you are reloading. About the only reason I use the Magpul's are to take it easy on the brass.

I only have a few 10 round .308 Lancers and I love them. Oddly their feed lips are much easier on the brass. I'm getting ready to order a bunch of mags to a out of state address and some Lancers are certainly on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Yep.

I use Magpul's for stockpiles. Lancers are pretty much my Go-To on .308 AR's.
    The 5.56 and the .308 Lancers I have are quicky becoming my first choice. But I have not abused any to test durability.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know, my PMags drop fine from both my KAC and Mega lower. Maybe I'm just blessed.

One other thing I have seen, which goes along to what Sinner was saying about metal mags and brass.... If you have a rifle that's just on the border of being "too" over-gassed, the PMag may not induce a malfunction. I found this when swapping between a Pmag and a Brownell's recently.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Maybe I'm just blessed.
    I think that when I see you post pictures of the M134

Downloads
    Uploads
    And free ammo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think that when I see you post pictures of the M134
    That would be cool. Sorry, wrong series of aircraft. Though I'd argue it could add some capability to ours, as Sinner said, then you (the government) would have to pay for the ammo, and the Navy is pretty cheap when it comes to that.