Size:  20.4 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 1767
Size:  23.8 KB
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1390
Size:  21.4 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 1684
Size:  13.0 KB

Brownells proudly offers a new AR-15 front sight, the Battle Arms Development ARCHITEK™, #100-019-664. Available exclusively from Brownells, the sight retails for $89.99.

Designed for shooters who prefer using iron sights, the ARCHITEK™ simply clamps onto a standard AR-15 barrel between .735" and .750" in diameter, and extends the sight radius to the maximum length possible. It works on rifles without the traditional front sight tower gas block.

It also compensates for any variances in free-float handguard design or installation, or flexing due to firing or sling pressure that could cause imperfect sight alignment. Precision machined from billet aluminum, the ARCHITEK™ is strong but weighs only 1.3 oz. to help keep the rifle balanced and fast-handling.

"We are very pleased to offer our latest product, the ARCHITECK, exclusively through Brownells," said George Huang, President/CEO of Battle Arms Development. "There is a long working history with Brownells since the early days of Battle Arms Development, and we are honored to be involved in this project."

The front sight post is thinner than the typical A2-style post and won't obstruct targets at long ranges. Modeled after the AK-47 front post, the ARCHITEK™ front post allows adjustments with a set of standard pliers, or an AK-47 front sight tool.

Merchandise Manager Paul Levy demonstrated the ARCHITEK™ in a video filmed at the Big Springs range complex.

http://www.brownells.com/GunTech/New....htm?lid=17361

Customers can order an ARCHITEK™ front sight from Brownells.com, or call 800-741-0015.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aluminum? Seems like a bad idea...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most people would prefer a FSB if they wanted to shoot irons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eiffel Tower, very cool thats what I've been missing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think most people would prefer a FSB if they wanted to shoot irons.
    You're probably right, probably aimed at a very limited market. May be the reason it's a Brownells exclusive.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ultra light doesn't always mean pleasing to the eye. It seems an odd combination for something you spend time looking at/through.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exposed clamp on sight would be a no-go for me in a duty/defensive carbine.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    A properly designed clamp can generate enough force to not be a liability. The main question with something like this is just how durable the protective ears are around the sight post. I've seen the DD front sights take an impact and bend or even break, for instance.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    A properly designed clamp can generate enough force to not be a liability. The main question with something like this is just how durable the protective ears are around the sight post. I've seen the DD front sights take an impact and bend or even break, for instance.
    Although not a frequent thing, there's been enough account of breakage that I wouldn't want a non-folding sight unless it was steel.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Vltor had demonstrated a properly designed and installed clamp on gas block/front sight can withstand a lot of torque before rotating, actually I think they never did manage to rotate it, the barrel extension came out before their clamp on gas block/sight rotated, so I'm sure BAD can do likewise.
    Last edited by Duffy; 14 September 2016 at 14:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks perfect for a tricked out BAD space gun that needs a Death Star accessory. If only it had a laser out the front of it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea but it's kind of homely. It should be made of steel. And maybe have the same profile as a front sight base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't look as bad as the sight standing by itself, I think it looks pretty good once it's installed on an AR. I don't shoot irons much, only in training now and then to make sure the sights are dialed in, otherwise, like many, I install the backup sights and promptly forget about them.

Does the extra 3 to 4 inches make that much difference?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If they did, we'd all suck with pistols.

I think the only practical argument for it is in the video: if your handguard bends. The front sight on the barrel keeps the sight plane. Same argument for FSB.

The only other reason I see for it is if you forgot to install a handguard on your rifle and you gotta go operate right now.