Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could be used as a lighter option for those wanting a Kino style upper.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...m4-12%20kd.htm
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still new to the AR, but I found moving my front sight closer (not further out) made it easier and faster to line it up with the aperture. I think mine is about 14.25" from the rear sight. It gives me a better sense of where center is located.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    If they did, we'd all suck with pistols.

I think the only practical argument for it is in the video: if your handguard bends. The front sight on the barrel keeps the sight plane. Same argument for FSB.

The only other reason I see for it is if you forgot to install a handguard on your rifle and you gotta go operate right now.
    I disagree wholeheartedly, as generally speaking, we DO all suck with pistols. Sight radius is a very big deal when shooting irons out to the ranges that our rifles are capable.

Niche product, but like any good niche product, it truly does solve a few specific needs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly, as generally speaking, we DO all suck with pistols. Sight radius is a very big deal when shooting irons out to the ranges that our rifles are capable.

Niche product, but like any good niche product, it truly does solve a few specific needs.
    It's been debated as infinitum that sight radius on standard sized pistols is negligible for pistol distances. Even SBRs already have a sufficient sight radius. The limiting factor is eyesight: seeing the target. Make a 15" or 36" long sight radius with irons, I'm still only comfortable out to 200yds though my rifles go way beyond that with optics.

That said, I like innovation and risk taking for new products. The market decides if it succeeds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have put a bayonet lug underneath it

Downloads
    Uploads
    How would you center it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calico Jack View Post
    How would you center it?
    Center the sight over the barrel? Same as you do it for a national match rifle, which normally has an adjustable front sight base.

You center your rear sight windage, then zero the rifle by adjusting the front sight side-to-side. Takes a little guesswork but not too difficult.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com