Downloads
    Uploads

WTB/Who Makes?: 17-7 mid-length gas-tube.

Who makes one? 304SS is out of favor with me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went ahead and worked things out with v7 and have an inconel middy on the way from them. Seems my issues were due to buying one of their first ones. It wouldn't fit. They fixed that, now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd still like to know. I can't foot the bill for a bunch of inconel gas tubes for my upcoming builds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AFAIK mid length gas tubes are the same regardless of barrel length. I have a 17.7" BA 3gun lightweight barrel and used this gas tube: http://ballisticadvantage.com/meloni...-gas-tube.html
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    17-7 stainless steel alloy. He's talking material type not length.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Thought that was length. What is the advantage of 17-7 over the melonited tube? The only gas tube failures I remember seeing are in extreme full auto tests to breakdown.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Thanks. Thought that was length. What is the advantage of 17-7 over the melonited tube? The only gas tube failures I remember seeing are in extreme full auto tests to breakdown.
    Melonite 304SS has reduced corrosion resistance, which is why I avoided it. 17-7 is going to wear better than 304SS.