Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    CCI standard velocity and CCI subsonic HP are about all I use now.
    Have you tried any of the 45 grain stuff? I have some from CCI and some from Winchester. Both ran good and both are subsonic.

The subsonic CCI 40 grain though won't work unless I try to tune my gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't tried the 45gr CCI's. The standard velocity (40gr 1070 fps) and subsonic HP's (40gr 1050 fps) cycle in all my 22's...including a Walther P22 that is horribly ammo sensitive. Winchester Super X subsonic HP's (40 gr 1065 fps) and RWS Subsonics (40gr 1033 fps) work fine on my rifles...just not the Walther. Been a while since I tested, but I get the best accuracy out of the CCI standard velocity and use it the most for plinking. The HP's are nice to have on hand for taking care of any critters around the property.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Haven't tried the 45gr CCI's. The standard velocity (40gr 1070 fps) and subsonic HP's (40gr 1050 fps) cycle in all my 22's...including a Walther P22 that is horribly ammo sensitive. Winchester Super X subsonic HP's (40 gr 1065 fps) and RWS Subsonics (40gr 1033 fps) work fine on my rifles...just not the Walther. Been a while since I tested, but I get the best accuracy out of the CCI standard velocity and use it the most for plinking. The HP's are nice to have on hand for taking care of any critters around the property.
    Give that 45 grain stuff a go and see if you like it.

Now... about my optic...2-7 or 4-12? What say you guys?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered a scope finally...just need to round up some decent 1" rings and I will be good to go. I will see what this rifle I put together can do. My holy grail will be to have accurate shooting out of the subs. That quietness is addicting.

On a side note if I did decide to tune this gun to shoot those 'quiet' rounds I assume that is accomplished by either an after market bolt spring or by tinkering with the existing one.....odds are I will look for someone selling those 45 grain rounds in bulk and just hope that they aren't stupid expensive.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the stuff I have.... that and a few other types of CCI...

http://www.winchester.com/library/ne...-subsonic.aspx

If I can find this stuff by the case I would probably buy some more.

1/27/2016

Winchester Ammunition delivered one of the most significant innovations to hit the rimfire world in 2013 with the introduction of the 17 Winchester Super Magnum, but where new rimfire loads are concerned, the company is far from over. In 2016, Winchester Ammunition continues to invest in its rimfire product line with the development of a new M-22 Subsonic .22 LR round.

The M-22 is designed specifically to function in semi-automatic firearms, while remaining subsonic from both pistol and rifle length barrels. The new M-22 Subsonic features a 45-grain black-plated lead round nose bullet that has the equivalent energy of full velocity 36-grain rimfire products. In addition, the M-22 Subsonic utilizes non-corrosive priming and clean burning powder for reduced muzzle flash.

The M-22 Subsonic was also created with suppressed firearms in mind, but performs just as well in unsuppressed rifles and handguns. During Winchester testing, M-22 Subsonic rounds measured 129 dB from an unsuppressed rifle. That is significantly quieter than a full velocity .22 LR fired from a suppressed rifle, which typically measures around 138 db. With the addition of a suppressor, M-22 Subsonic achieves a remarkably quiet 116 db.

M-22 Subsonic will be available in 100-round plastic packs and 800-round bulk packs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the range report! Looks like all good info in here.

-CS
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE