Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That reminds me I have a 6.8spc and over a thousand cases I have been neglecting for several years .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Joelski; 23 September 2016 at 12:34.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Much rather go Lg. frame/6.5 Creedmoor, as it's prized for its long range terminal ballistics, but I can't justify that caliber in an AR format, and I really can't justify the caliber for lack of super long shooting distances.

A friend and I are planning an Elk trip to Canada and he's taking his Christensen in 6.5 CM. I hope to witness the kill shot of the year.
    He is asking about a caliber for a lower he already has so why even bring up the 6.5CM?

The Creedmoor performs like it was purpose built for a .308 patterned AR anyway.

And I will be on a elk hunt in 8 days with either a .338 Federal or a 6.5CM, both in a suppressed AR format.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Next rifle will be a something larger, .308, ect.

Just not in the cards at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    He is asking about a caliber for a lower he already has so why even bring up the 6.5CM?

The Creedmoor performs like it was purpose built for a .308 patterned AR anyway.

And I will be on a elk hunt in 8 days with either a .338 Federal or a 6.5CM, both in a suppressed AR format.
    Fix your quote.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Fix your quote.
    Blow me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pyzik, 6.5 G gives you better ballistics than a .308 when you get out there, so if you're planning on any long distance stuff, that's the ticket. If you're staying around 3-400 yards, I guess 6.8 Specialsnowflake is okay. You can also get plinking ammo for the 6.5G for about $150 for 500.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I found this blog and I am loving it. This is some good stuff. Check out this link though...I don't think you can go wrong with 6mm or 6.5 either or.

I am thinking that the bolt gun I have in mind might come in of those two calibers.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/1...rifle-caliber/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I found this blog and I am loving it. This is some good stuff. Check out this link though...I don't think you can go wrong with 6mm or 6.5 either or.

I am thinking that the bolt gun I have in mind might come in of those two calibers.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/1...rifle-caliber/
    Noted for future reading.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the 6.8 SPC. The Federal XM68GD (Gold Dot) were going for $10-$13 a box and even cheaper if you could get the factory seconds/blems. It's an excellent all-around round. I used it to harvest a deer last year and what I'll be taking to the field again this year. If you hand-load you can get much better performance as the factory loads generally don't live up to the full potential of the round due the mishandling of the SAAMI spec by Remington. The downside is you do need dedicated bolt and mags but the pay off is an extra 100-200 yards over the 300 BLK