Downloads
    Uploads

AAR: Tactical Shooting and CQB LE Only Course, AMTAC / Bill Rapier, August 10-12

"Shoot, Assess, Move."

Summary

This is the second formal training class I was attended taught by Bill Rapier, the first was the Responsible Armed Citizen Class which I will refer to throughout this AAR. This class covered LE specific pistol and rifle implementation with an emphasis on rifle CQB tactics. Bill's attention to detail and ability to explain the fundamentals to his students is excellent in application. This class provides LEOs with a solid base of core skill sets ranging from pistol to rifle to CQB covering topics such as combatives, edged weapons and manifesting mindset into practical application. I only got to stay for three days due to prior work related obligations and missed out on the 13-14 Integrated Combatives class, it was reviewed by a student, check out the link from the AMTAC site.
    Please check out the full AAR here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/09/aar-ame...g-and-cqb.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely excellent write up!

I don't know where you guys find 'the real deal' people to take classes from but this guy is legit. I think that would be just awesome to have people like that mentor or teach... compared to them I am a bona fide rank amateur.

On the video you put up there when he was talking about trigger reset...he said "I switched over"... Switched from what to what? (Just asking out of curiosity)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Absolutely excellent write up!

I don't know where you guys find 'the real deal' people to take classes from but this guy is legit. I think that would be just awesome to have people like that mentor or teach... compared to them I am a bona fide rank amateur.

On the video you put up there when he was talking about trigger reset...he said "I switched over"... Switched from what to what? (Just asking out of curiosity)
    Thanks for checking it out, I know its on the lengthy side.

He is one of the best in the business. As I stated in the review I have trained with him before in an invite only CQB class that was a lot more CQB and a lot less anything else. He not only know his stuff he can articulate in a way that any student can come around and "get it." I'd definitely check out his future classes and get on that. This type of class is just the tip of the ice berg, he has very, extremely advanced classes coming up that will be only open to prior vetted students.

From the method everyone uses - trigger reset.

I've since moved on and its given me a pretty significant difference in accuracy and speed.

When you start dry firing in this same method you see how it works really well, your finger doesn't tire out.