Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Noveske Gas Ports

I don't know VSeven port size on the 12.5. I do know this:

It shoots well unsuppressed with the VSeven titanium BCG, Geissele H1 buffer/spring. No adj block.

A handy lightweight rifle.

I've not experimented with an added tungsten weight to the buffer.

ETA: this is with Wolf Gold 223 55gr and MEN 556 56gr.
    Last edited by fledge; 7 October 2016 at 13:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    gator, I've never measured my gas ports on my Noveske rifles, but my pre-Johnny death barrels are definitely less gassy IMHO.

I have two 10.5's post-Johnny barrels still in the box. I should measure those. One Stainless, the other N4.

id love to know those numbers

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ended up going with a V Seven with their "mil specified" gas port. And so it begins...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats. Did you figure out port size for that one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes up for the URX II gayness

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Congrats. Did you figure out port size for that one?
    Yes. .0625"

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Makes up for the URX II gayness
    Why the hate?

If only I had had a GL/SSC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Yes. .0625"

Why the hate?

If only I had had a GL/SSC.
    I'm just shooting a salvo over the bow for the MK18 hate

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on the fence between Noveske and V7 for an 18" stainless middy (I know you're looking for shorter). It impressed me that when I called V7 and left a message, the owner called me back. I was amazed. He answered every question I had and more. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them.

However, I ended up choosing Noveske because I found a discount code and got a switchblock barrel for 10% off discount code no longer works...

Anyway, there is no way my barrel is overgassed. That thing is buttery smooth suppressed or not. Then again, it is with an A5 system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread has kind of turned into a V-Seven thread, and I'm very thankful. Wow, does my barrel shoot.

First up, last week I zeroed the gun, first unsuppressed and then finally suppressed. Unsuppressed, with a H2 buffer, I got numerous FTFeed issues. The empty brass would eject, but the next round wouldn't strip and load. I don't fault the barrel for this, as it's a smaller gas port and this is easily fixed. I didn't have a spare H-buffer on hand to "fix" the issue, so I just dealt with it until I threw on my SF Mini can (and eventually my full-size RC). Once the suppressor(s) were on, it ran like a sewing machine. Groups were very consistent, even with my less than precise reticle (MK6).

Today it was time to see how it did at distance. Just, wow. I wasn't expecting to get out past 500y with a 12.5" barrel with any consistency. At 400y, I was able to stack hits on top of each other. At 600y, the hits kept coming. We had a little bit of wind today, but nothing crazy, so I'm sure with something up towards 10 MPH, it would have been much harder with the round going as slow as it was, but still, this thing was consistent today.

Fledge, thank you so much for the recommendation. This was exactly the barrel I was looking for. And thanks to V-Seven for making a fantastic barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread has kind of turned into a V-Seven thread, and I'm very thankful. Wow, does my barrel shoot.

First up, last week I zeroed the gun, first unsuppressed and then finally suppressed. Unsuppressed, with a H2 buffer, I got numerous FTFeed issues. The empty brass would eject, but the next round wouldn't strip and load. I don't fault the barrel for this, as it's a smaller gas port and this is easily fixed. I didn't have a spare H-buffer on hand to "fix" the issue, so I just dealt with it until I threw on my SF Mini can (and eventually my full-size RC). Once the suppressor(s) were on, it ran like a sewing machine. Groups were very consistent, even with my less than precise reticle (MK6).

Today it was time to see how it did at distance. Just, wow. I wasn't expecting to get out past 500y with a 12.5" barrel with any consistency. At 400y, I was able to stack hits on top of each other. At 600y, the hits kept coming. We had a little bit of wind today, but nothing crazy, so I'm sure with something up towards 10 MPH, it would have been much harder with the round going as slow as it was, but still, this thing was consistent today.

Fledge, thank you so much for the recommendation. This was exactly the barrel I was looking for. And thanks to V-Seven for making a fantastic barrel.
    Any idea what port size they're using?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Post #21:

Yes. .0625"

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm curious about an update? This was a 12.5" barrel, correct? How did it run once you threw the H buffer in? What ammo were you running in the above post?
    Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, 12.5" barrel. Looks like VSeven doesn't do the adjusted gas port anymore. I asked when I bought my 14.5" and he said they were doing it in the past for an LE agency.

The 12.5" has continued to impress. I took out at distance again after that post, but the conditions had a little more of a swirling wind down the cut in the trees. 500y was consistent, 600y was tough, especially with no spotter. The extra 4x on the NF helped, though.

It groups better than I can shoot. It can stack rounds on top of one another when the shooter isn't an idiot and doesn't jerk the trigger. I've primarily run IMI 77gr (the older stuff that was hotter) for precision and some Federal M193 when needed. I do have data on some some Southwest Ammo 77gr and CBC 77gr. Both shot well.

Once I went to the H-buffer, the gun has run flawlessly both suppressed or unsuppressed. I typically will run it with a SOCOM Mini 99% of the time, but when I've shot it prone without the can, it's like shooting a .22LR.

Since this has been in a Mini RECCE config for a while, I'm probably going to change the config for a bit and throw the ATACR 1-8 on it and pull off the bipod. That way I'll have two nearly identical 12.5 carbines, one with a T2 and one with a LPV setup.

I posted this pic elsewhere, but for completeness (minus the dumb NF caps).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.....I appreciate all the contributions in this thread. Good info!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, 12.5" barrel. Looks like VSeven doesn't do the adjusted gas port anymore. I asked when I bought my 14.5" and he said they were doing it in the past for an LE agency.

The 12.5" has continued to impress. I took out at distance again after that post, but the conditions had a little more of a swirling wind down the cut in the trees. 500y was consistent, 600y was tough, especially with no spotter. The extra 4x on the NF helped, though.

It groups better than I can shoot. It can stack rounds on top of one another when the shooter isn't an idiot and doesn't jerk the trigger. I've primarily run IMI 77gr (the older stuff that was hotter) for precision and some Federal M193 when needed. I do have data on some some Southwest Ammo 77gr and CBC 77gr. Both shot well.

Once I went to the H-buffer, the gun has run flawlessly both suppressed or unsuppressed. I typically will run it with a SOCOM Mini 99% of the time, but when I've shot it prone without the can, it's like shooting a .22LR.

Since this has been in a Mini RECCE config for a while, I'm probably going to change the config for a bit and throw the ATACR 1-8 on it and pull off the bipod. That way I'll have two nearly identical 12.5 carbines, one with a T2 and one with a LPV setup.

I posted this pic elsewhere, but for completeness (minus the dumb NF caps).

Nice! Thankyou! What ammo was run when it failed with H2/ later when it worked with H? Have you tried any .223 ammo, is what I'm getting at?
    Last edited by JGifford; 13 July 2018 at 02:52.