Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Tom, sorry, I was addressing Josh S. last post, wasn't implying anything towards you. :)
    No biggie, I was just carving out "my post". It's all good, and I like to hear more than one opinion anyway.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    My favorite is the BRM-S with a KMW pod lock. Notched legs are definitely the way to go. For the longest time I shot using a Harris without the notched legs (BR model?)...the legs would sometime collapse to one side or another, and it was difficult to get the legs set to the same height unless you go fully extended or fully collapsed.

The Larue/Harris LT706 setup is nice, but overpriced IMO. On the Larue you don't need to get a separate pod lock for it (it comes with a tension knob), however the lever style locks are much easier to adjust. I currently use the Larue for swapping between rifles with picatinny rails, and have a normal BRMS that I use for bolt action rifles/bipod studs.

Recently bought another BRMS to try out the Arisaka mount...have a feeling that's going to be my preferred picatinny mounting option until they release a QD variant.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    Recently bought another BRMS to try out the Arisaka mount...have a feeling that's going to be my preferred picatinny mounting option until they release a QD variant.
    DL,
    That was the whole purpose of this purchase (BRMS). I've wanted to use a bi-pod on my LR-10 ever since I put it together. I've had bad luck in the past with bi-pod/stud adapters. The Arisaka mount looks like the perfect fix, so I ordered a new BRMS bi-pod, the Arisaka mount and one of their low profile picatinny/keymod mounts. I meant to order the Pod Lock, but forgot too, I'll snag one later. I think Gatordev said he ordered the same set-up for an AR.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    All my Harrisessesss have Pod Locs (and legit KMW ones, since Midway apparently ripped him off), but I added Will's mount to the Harris on my R700. Tomorrow I'll finally play with it. Super-quick-and-dirty pic of the setup:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, the long range I was planning to go to was closed for a class, so I could only exercise the bipod mount at my normal range and on the 100 (Appleseed had infiltrated the 200). The good news is I have nothing significant to report. The mount did its job, as I knew it would, and gave no issues. While the tang on the front of the Harris still sticks out a bit, I'd like to try this mount on a barricade next. This seems like another perfect solution so you don't have 3 inches of Harris mount jamming into a barricade.

BLOB: Happy customer. But will be even happier when there's the QD (couldn't resist)!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can someone who owns an Arisaka mounted Harris, can you post a pic of the setup and how it works/what it replaces? Maybe off the rifle if possible. I'm already sold on it when I buy my next Harris, and I do need one, I just can't quite picture it in my head. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can see all the parts on our install page:

http://arisakadefense.com/pages/low-...t-installation
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Can someone who owns an Arisaka mounted Harris, can you post a pic of the setup and how it works/what it replaces? Maybe off the rifle if possible. I'm already sold on it when I buy my next Harris, and I do need one, I just can't quite picture it in my head. Thanks!
    Dave Timm posted a video a couple weeks ago that should help: Arisaka Low Profile Bipod Mount Review