Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "As some of you know SMOS Arms is releasing a non-logo GFY lower in the next week or so. Eric at SMOS approached me and asked if there was any interest doing a GFY Group Buy for WEVO Members as I mentioned that I wanted to do another run of lowers but with just the WEVO Logo, no Battle Kitty or anything like that"
    This.

Don't take this the wrong way GOST, but I will take one with the WEVO cog before I take another design. Still waiting for one with the cog (even if it's just a vanilla forged lower ... which I'd prefer since it'd be cheaper ).
    Find my photos on: Flickr, Facebook, Instagram

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    This.

Don't take this the wrong way GOST, but I will take one with the WEVO cog before I take another design. Still waiting for one with the cog (even if it's just a vanilla forged lower ... which I'd prefer since it'd be cheaper ).
    Agreed. I've got a battle kitty already. I'd love an SMOS with a machined WEVO logo. Like, $400-$500 love it if I have to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like all the designs, and will still take one of whatever option we go with. In all honesty though, I like the simplicity of the plain logo design the most.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, here's my input for the current dilemma...

Nix the matched set, going to be too cost prohibitive for a number of people if nothing else

Make an execuive decision between battle kitty and the plain cog, or start a separate thread for people to commit with no discussion to one or the other or both, first to the magic number wins.

OR just go with the plain cog, I feel like from what I've read, the cog will turn less away than the feline will.

If indeed the price stays around the $200 mark, I will buy one of either

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviantLogic View Post
    I like all the designs, and will still take one of whatever option we go with. In all honesty though, I like the simplicity of the plain logo design the most.
    +1 In!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not opposed to a design like this on the magwell. I am just trying to find a compromise since we seem to be torn in which direction to go. Can one of you Photoshop experts whip up a design?
    Name:  IMG_1460.JPG
Views: 203
Size:  44.3 KB
    Last edited by Stone; 23 December 2016 at 06:57.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's not the basic cog actually milled into the lower I have zero interest. I would still like to see a matching upper for the Rainier wevo lower.

I am surprised we just don't have a wevo online store and have our own lower and upper set at this point. Growing into quite our own brand here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by velocity2006 View Post
    If it's not the basic cog actually milled into the lower I have zero interest. I would still like to see a matching upper for the Rainier wevo lower.

I am surprised we just don't have a wevo online store and have our own lower and upper set at this point. Growing into quite our own brand here.
    That's pretty much what I want as well.

Too many other designs though floating around, further dividing the interest. We should have just done the cog and said, take it or leave it.

With that said, I don't think we're going to get to 50 with all the differing opinions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's pretty much what I want as well.

Too many other designs though floating around, further dividing the interest. We should have just done the cog and said, take it or leave it.

With that said, I don't think we're going to get to 50 with all the differing opinions.
    The more I think about it simple is better as far as I'm concerned. I stopped following the thread pretty much until a decision is made about what is going to be 'it'...then I can choose from there.

What would be the odds of getting the cog on a blank CMT lower that doesn't have other branding on it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. A simple cog is all I'd like to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    The more I think about it simple is better as far as I'm concerned. I stopped following the thread pretty much until a decision is made about what is going to be 'it'...then I can choose from there.

What would be the odds of getting the cog on a blank CMT lower that doesn't have other branding on it?
    Go Slap yourself.

When did CMT become an option?

We're trying to limit the options, not create more.

Slap yourself again.

Downloads
    Uploads

WEVO Lower Group Buy - Interest?

Cog is the prevailing design preference. I'd say it's time to make a new dedicated preorder group buy thread for it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Go Slap yourself.

When did CMT become an option?

We're trying to limit the options, not create more.

Slap yourself again.
    SMACK! SMACK!

I doesn't have to be CMT as in specifically CMT.... I was trying to say 'like' their logo-less lower...

The only logo would be the cog....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm down with whatever. Keep it affordable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMT would offer less features than the Mod 3, which I already own, so I would not buy it...

If we were talking an affordable GFY15 lower with the COG I think we could get close to 50 on board, but if we keep coming up with more ideas it will never happen, as UW has already stated. While the other designs are creative they are not the founding logo for this forum, which is what the logo on the gun should represent IMO. This forum is about cutting edge weapons design and progression of the industry, I don't feel like a mechwarrior cat or a night-vision samurai are representative of the members on this form as a whole. So while I am happy to buy an occasional patch with whimsical characters on it, I prefer my rifles to be for business and to look the part. The cog fits that vision to me, the cat does not. This forum has, to me, always been about function and purpose before aesthetics, so it's odd to me that we are choosing our lower simply based on aesthetics.

I think the only reason battlekitty got off the ground was because it was a little different from the basic cog and it was china-doll-ish so it sold.
    Last edited by velocity2006; 24 December 2016 at 14:45.