Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the point of shaking it up was that some of the more established members here already have WEVO cog marked/engraved/whatever lowers/mags/whatever's, so.... why not get something you don't already have? Nothing wrong with novelty so long as it works.

But I mean, do whatever.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    No they don't. They don't exist yet. The only lower that exists with wevo anything is the battlekitty. A stippled mag is one thing, a machined lower is entirely different.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was more referring to the mentality. Over time we've had lasered mags, various WEVO stipple jobs, and even hats and shirts for sale at one point.

But if more people want the cog, do the cog.

I just enjoy GOST's artwork and the flavor they add to a rifle. I personally like the new Kitty one, but I'm also just one member, one who admittedly doesn't have a pressing need for another receiver set ATM.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Either way I don't think we will have to worry about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I find WEVO culture / value is about function AND form (which is why photography is so popular here). Both are about the evolution of weapons. Both seems to be what Rainier Arms, Forti's, SMOS, etc are about.

I've only been a member a year, so that's my experience with WEVO.

Let's start a new thread and see if we can enough to make a machined COG on a GFY lower. I'm not interested in a laser logo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll touch bases with SMOS again and see if 50 is a hard number.

For now, the COG will be the only option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'll touch bases with SMOS again and see if 50 is a hard number.

For now, the COG will be the only option.
    Good call.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I'd not posted yet as I'm not sure I could swing it. Buying parts for another right now so I'm stretched thin.
    Trying to figure out if it's worth trying to sell my current SMOS lower and replace it with this one.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is this happening?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe if UW can talk them into doing like 10.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Maybe if UW can talk them into doing like 10.
    Yeah 10 isn't going to happen.

Still working on some lower numbers though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah 10 isn't going to happen.

Still working on some lower numbers though.
    I will be jobless in two weeks so I am iffy at best. It's going to depend on the timing of the deal and my ability to find a new job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I will be jobless in two weeks so I am iffy at best. It's going to depend on the timing of the deal and my ability to find a new job.
    What happened to your old job?

Downloads
    Uploads
    What happened to your old job?
    I came back from my trip and got a job working for a local govt department that was headed by a local elected official (who was over several departments including mine). It started as part time/temp, then eventually after a lot of budgetary stuff it finally went to full time. But inside the office itself the politics of things is not good. A lot of unethical and underhanded stuff was going on by middle supervisors and a lot of treatment and behavior was tolerated and encouraged that would get anyone fired outside of government.

In our dept. it was headed by a deputy that was an unstable woman with a grudge (who didn't like men in general much less me) (the whole staff was female almost) and basically the management was a mess. The woman was having financial and marital problems at home so she would come in on days and just lay into people for example.

One day she would smile and be nice and the next she would shout you down in front of customers (the general public) as well as your whole staff of coworkers. One supervisor would give me an assignment and then two days later the other supervisor would get mad over what I was doing and would write me up over doing the exact thing I was assigned by someone in my direct chain of command just days earlier. They weren't on the same page at all.

It is highly politicized environment to say the least so the last couple months have been hell. The big boss let it all go on because all she had to do was walk through the office every once in a while and wave and say hello while other people did the dirty work.

Finally after I had numerous run ins I gave my notice and said thanks but no thanks. I was still in my probationary period so I figured living like that just sucked. I didn't need that job that bad to put up with all that crap.

I have had countless job reviews in jobs in and out of government roles and not only have I never gotten written up, I have never even gotten a negative review. But there in two months I got two write ups for the first time in my life and it was for frivolous crap that I still don't understand that had nothing to do with my actual production. None of it was for my work that I actually turned in.

Basically it's their means and way of management, that is to intimidate employees in order to manipulate them with mind games. Going to work was like walking on egg shells every single day.

There is a whole host of problems.

Finally I got sick of it all and resigned earlier today.

There was no recourse with HR because, well, she's an elected official and the only people that could do anything were the voters.

It wasn't her directly, but it was her deputies doing the dirty work like that.

Life is too short to live like that and I didn't have a vested interest in staying so here I am.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, you definitely made the right move. Life is too short to live like that. Good luck on your search. I'm sure you'll land in a much better spot.