Downloads
    Uploads

Flip up covers for T1?

I've googled all over the place and can't find these. I thought they made them, but I can not find them anywhere. Does anyone know if there are flip up front and rear covers for the Aimpoint T1?

Thanks,
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Thanks, Aragorn. Not exactly what I was looking for, but they'll work. I was looking for the individual front and rear style caps, sort of like Butler Creek makes, but it doesn't appear that anyone makes them, at least that I can find.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Thanks, Aragorn. Not exactly what I was looking for, but they'll work. I was looking for the individual front and rear style caps, sort of like Butler Creek makes, but it doesn't appear that anyone makes them, at least that I can find.
    Oh, yeah, I'm not familiar with any other type. :/
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    FT, you may be thinking of the flip covers that are on the T-2. It has extra material for the covers to sit on and purchase, unlike the T-1. I have IO covers on my T-1s and they work great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could potentially put a flip up cover on the front of a T1, but the rear doesn't have anything to grab onto since the lens is nearly flush with the body.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, thank you all. I see the error of my ways.

Gatordev, I've used the IO covers, but my only problem with them is that occasionally they'll wiggle out of the "nested" mode, and they immediately flip around and cover the front/rear or both. I think I actually have an extra set in the "pile". Maybe I can figure out a way to "fix" that. Thanks all for your time.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only flip covers I know of for a T-1 come with the GG&G mount. The covers attach to the mount itself.
    Name:  IMG_1264.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  126.3 KB

https://www.gggaz.com/aimpoint-t-1-a...ach-mount.html
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The only flip covers I know of for a T-1 come with the GG&G mount. The covers attach to the mount itself.
    Name:  IMG_1264.JPG
Views: 135
Size:  126.3 KB

https://www.gggaz.com/aimpoint-t-1-a...ach-mount.html
    Thanks, GOST. That's a pretty cool solution, but if you broke one, you might have to either buy a whole new mount, or do without one cover.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, GOST. That's a pretty cool solution, but if you broke one, you might have to either buy a whole new mount, or do without one cover.
    Those caps are Butler Creek on that mount.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Gatordev, I've used the IO covers, but my only problem with them is that occasionally they'll wiggle out of the "nested" mode, and they immediately flip around and cover the front/rear or both. I think I actually have an extra set in the "pile". Maybe I can figure out a way to "fix" that. Thanks all for your time.

FT
    Wow, you ARE hard on gear.

Never say never, of course, but I haven't had them break lose. But mine are from the original batch. Makes me wonder if something changed over time. Or if it's just Mr. Destructo. I keed!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Wow, you ARE hard on gear.

Never say never, of course, but I haven't had them break lose. But mine are from the original batch. Makes me wonder if something changed over time. Or if it's just Mr. Destructo. I keed!
    Ha..ha...ha.. I don't know about being hard on gear, but if it can get screwed up, somehow, I'm your man.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger