Thread: Cerakote Color?

Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Cerakote Color?

I currently own 3 AR's that I have built which IMO are all built with top shelf parts. For some reason I have gotten it into my head that I want a "white" rifle. I have had this idea for years but have never gone through with a white cerakote job. I have planned out another high quality build, and am throwing around the idea of finally following through with a white cerakote finish.

My dilemma is that white has to be about the least practical finish unless you are in a part of the country that is under snow for a good portion of the year. Living in eastern PA, we get some snow, but am not buried in the stuff for 6 months. In my part of the country, the real best choices for a cerakote color would be in the OD or brown family. It just makes more sense. Since all of my other rifles are black, I am going to do some sort of different finish on this rifle.

Do I follow through with the white rifle and scratch the itch, or do I do a more practical color like Magpul OD or Chocolate Brown?
    Last edited by rxer311; 29 October 2016 at 17:31.