Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

A Brief Introduction and a potential group buy / WEVO exclusive

Good evening gents,

Some of you know me personally, some don't so I wanted to come out of my "registered lurker" status (been here since '09)

(although I'm not yet a site sponsor this is with admin approval)

My name is Kris Morris and I own KM3 Solutions, I would describe myself as an industry jack of all trades, I have licensed and collaborated on product designs (the Manticore Arms Transformer Rail, and other products in the pipeline from MA and Article II), and besides the freelance CAD and design work I do gunsmithing work ranging from stippling and cerakote to full 1911 and AK builds - those two being my specialties - and of course AR work.

KM3 has been a part time endeavor until very recently, and is now my full time gig. I will be offering a 15% (WEVO15) coupon code on my site for WEVO members - basically covering everything. There's not much on the online store yet, but as I add or if you need any services via phone or email, just let me know your a WEVO member.

Right now Cerakote is what I want to talk more about. A lot of you have reacted very positively to my various Cerakote jobs, in particular my woodland camo. What I would like to propose is a user-input designed WEVO exclusive camo pattern, available at more than the normal discount.

I'm not 100% decided on the mechanics of that yet, be it a group buy, a series of group buys, in collaboration with a manufacturer on a receiver/rail - or a little of each.

Let me know what you think, what would you like to see as a WEVO design, how would you like to buy it? Use your words, doodles, swatches, IDGAF, let's just come up with something cool all our own.

Thanks
    Last edited by Axlnut; 2 November 2016 at 21:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds kind of cool.

I have ideas in my head but I don't know the limitations of what can and can't be done with cerakote.

Can you put up some more examples here on this thread so that we can get an idea of what is possible?

When I think cerakote I think solid colors but like I said, I don't know much about that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First, congrats on going full time. Good to meet you. And thanks for the generous discount!

Would love to be part of this. In fact I have almost all the parts on hand, ready to call you for some woodland.

An idea for a WEVO design. Do a camo and work the WEVO logo into the pattern and colors. At a glance nobody would notice. But on closer look, there it is.

I saw this recently (can't remember where at the moment) where the camo has a soldier silhouette in the digital pattern. Understated and unique.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fledge - excellent idea, and thank you!

Alamo - sure thing, here's some camos:

Name:  3_camo_beauties-3.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  1.15 MB
    Name:  red_kryptek_mini_draco_1200x798.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  744.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_0211.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  417.5 KB
    Name:  woodland_transformer_ricky_bobby.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  1.08 MB
    Name:  ricky_bobby_3.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  1.25 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some distressed/"battleworn"

Name:  LAA_ww_2.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  319.9 KB
    Name:  sick_pistols.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  973.8 KB
    Name:  xd_battleworn.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  360.0 KB
    Name:  baby_thor_1kx1k_black.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  324.9 KB

Obviously we don't have to limit to AR's - for the group buy idea probably best to start that way though. In the handgun realm Battlecock and I have tentatively been talking about combining for some work..

Here's an example of what we can do with things like logos if not in the pattern as Fledge suggested:

Name:  LAA_ww.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  393.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    As for the usual assembly - disassembly fees, I will be waving them for WEVO members for the meantime, and especially so with anything in the "group buy" realm. Also willing to discount work like de-pinning / perm attaching muzzle devices, etc. Just in case something like that is holding up getting the rifle you want the way you want. Perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mmmmm. Following

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is what I want. I want something that no swinging dick for a huhdred miles around me has the same thing as I do. Just like most people I also like a little Esprit de corps. Those might seem like conflicting ideals, but a project like this would fill the bill nicely.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been thinking along the lines of Fledge as well. A multicam-ish or camo pattern with the WEVO logo somehow worked in there to blend in.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have my attention. Best part is that you are less than a 2 hour drive away from me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the support and feedback gentleman.

Seems like the growing consensus is to incorporate the WEVO logo in a subtle fashion. I completely agree but the logo is intricate enough that little small ones all over the place may get muddled.

Since each job is custom (I don't just cut one big stencil sheet and let the chips fall where they may, I try to fit things aesthetically around a gun's particulars) I'm wondering if 1-2 larger logos per plane wouldn't work best, but not starkly on top, actually buried in with the camo pattern weaving in and out - subtle but effective.

On that same point, Joelski I understand and mirror your thoughts - two solutions to be a series yet unique:

1; the way I just mentioned that I lay camo, every rifle will be the same general pattern and colors, yet unique

2; maybe we should break this into blocks or series. Say seasonal or environment. A woodland, a snow, an urban. Limit to a number per series. They would all generally match except for colors.

Doing it that way, if over time 50 people are interested, your particular rifle won't be one of 50, it would be one of 10 (if there were 5 series).

I feel like that would give time to save the money, get more exclusivety, pick something you really like - or be my best friend and collect them all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    Fledge - excellent idea, and thank you!

Alamo - sure thing, here's some camos:

Name:  woodland_transformer_ricky_bobby.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  1.08 MB
    This is probably the most appealing cerakote job I've seen. I comment on it every time a new picture of it is posted.

What's the retail price on something like this?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    This is probably the most appealing cerakote job I've seen. I comment on it every time a new picture of it is posted.

What's the retail price on something like this?
    Thanks - and yeah that woodland style seems to be the favorite around here so far.

3-4 color masked upper/lower/rail/stock is $285, adding the matched buffer tube is + $40, so typically $325, WEVO price $276

I want to bring the cost lower still for the bespoke camo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My thought was only one (maybe two, one each side) WEVO Logo in the pattern. Like a 2" size incorporated into the pattern around contours of magwell area or above trigger. Or do one large logo that overlaps upper and lower on the left side, mixed into the camo. Not a fan of the many logos scattered about, like the awful skull pattern camo I often see.

Downloads
    Uploads
    M90 camo pattern that works in "WEVO" or the site symbol.