Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    There is a color called Jedi Bronze that was created by a guy that is on this website, Hardeight. The place where he works isn't taking in any more outside work and I was wondering if you could replicate this color as I am wanting to have a rifle Cerakoted in it. Maybe some others will like it as well. Here are a few pics.

Doesn't look to be much of an issue - although in the last pic it appears much lighter than the top pic.

I'm guessing it's Burnt Bronze with a dark metallic grey, or just Burnt Bronze and whatever amount of Graphite Black.

This was a similar color mix as what I take it was Shadow Bronze from the second picture. Burnt Bronze, FDE, Graphite Black
    Name:  strike_bad_odin_1.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  341.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah the first pic really does that color justice. It depends on the lighting when taking a pic of Cerakote. Its a real deep rich semi dark chocolate brown. I edited my post and the colors are above the pics now.

"or just Burnt Bronze and whatever amount of Graphite Black." This sounds vaguely familiar from the conversations that were had about that color.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Distressed is played out.....
    I think a distressed finish on a gun that is "distressed" from actual wear looks good. Not a fan of anything else. I do think it takes a great amount of skill/know-how to make it look right, but otherwise...it's not for me

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am on the distressed look bandwagon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife gives me a distressed look every time another case of ammo shows up. Would be difficult to replicate that with cerakote.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    My wife gives me a distressed look every time another case of ammo shows up. Would be difficult to replicate that with cerakote.

I think we're off the distressed thing. Maybe one of the future runs, but to be honest I like to carry the distressed cerakote look as part of a broader theme vs on it's own, and maybe we'll do that.

I'm really leaning hard towards my woodland camo in a slightly modified version, it seems universally liked to tolerated, especially here - it's classic, clean, the colors compliment a lot of furniture options, gear, etc.

I'm really leaning towards the second option being a modified M90 type - but not the same colors as the woodland.

I have Rxer's set in hand to start experimenting, I think the biggest question I have is the logo color and style.

I'm basically locked into the idea of the logo on the left side, large enough to cover both receivers and a hint of rail, it will look especially sick on the SMOS stuff - but should it be bold, subtle, etc.

Help me out. Do it. Do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am more into subtle. Woodland Camo is always a safe bet. I am not sure that the logo bleeding onto all 3 pieces really works well but would have to see it to judge it. I think the logo would look good in "hidden white" against the woodland background with just the logo a bit distressed. It would be cool to see the M90 camo pattern as well. Lots of options. I really think the woodland camo looks great in Burnt Bronze/FDE/OD/Patriot Brown. Just more ideas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something unique would be nice. I just think the "woodland camo" looks splotchy and cheesy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or maybe even the logo in red if it can be made smaller. Sometimes an overly large logo can take away from the rest of the build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Something unique would be nice. I just think the "woodland camo" looks splotchy and cheesy.
    Any ideas? Throw them out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Any ideas? Throw them out there.
    Please.

That's for everyone - spit ball it all out there, maybe we'll stumble across something that ticks a box for everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it would be better if you offered different paint schemes for our members at the group price. In my opinion it would be strange to see a bunch of our members have rifles with identical paint jobs, it would be like buying the identical truck your buddy just bought. Part of getting a custom paint job is that yours doesn't look like everyone else's.

Since some of the members like the distressed that could be an option. Your woodland could be an option also. Or offering different schemes and letting them pick their colors is another option. This is an old WEVO Multicam design:

Name:  IMG_1359.JPG
Views: 156
Size:  601.1 KB
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Totally agree, for me the whole camo thing has been done to death. Its going to be impossible to get a bunch of guys to agree on a color scheme.
    Reminds me of a drop down menu when looking at PC's.

Black
    Multicam
    FDE
    Coyote.......
    Last edited by Stone; 9 November 2016 at 20:02.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Point taken.

Since I do 15% for members as is, what I would do for a group buy scenario at an even steeper discount would look like this:

Pick your poison between distressed or various camo patterns, 3-4 color max.
    A set parts profile for that price, ie; upper/lower/rail/stock on an AR
    WEVO logo included in whatever works for that pattern - that is a must for me on the group buy price or it defeats the purpose

I like how the logo is set up in the multicam, although I likely would place it one location/color.

I now have one member set inbound for this project and one in hand, so look for two examples within a few days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    Point taken.

Since I do 15% for members as is, what I would do for a group buy scenario at an even steeper discount would look like this:

Pick your poison between distressed or various camo patterns, 3-4 color max.
    A set parts profile for that price, ie; upper/lower/rail/stock on an AR
    WEVO logo included in whatever works for that pattern - that is a must for me on the group buy price or it defeats the purpose

I like how the logo is set up in the multicam, although I likely would place it one location/color.

I now have one member set inbound for this project and one in hand, so look for two examples within a few days.
    I like this idea! That means I could pick my colors!