Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reminds me how badly I want to take Bob Rogers class. Have done a bit of work myself, but would still love to do a build from the ground up.

Springfield Operator Gen 1, most work has been internal, replaced the firing pin stop with an EGW Oversized with a slight bevel, ed brown tool steel sear/disconnector, thumbsafety, msh/magwell.
    Would still love to do frontstrap at 20-30lpi and a serrated slide rear, along with a few other goodies. Can always send it to SCS and have them go crazy on it and hard chrome it lol.

Have had probably 15 Springers and this one is even nicer than the two TRP's I had. I got really lucky on the fit for the Operator, it's easily as nice as my buddies Nighthawk GRP once the MIM parts are replaced.

Play with doing the marvel cut for the disconnector yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Springer!

Hands on classes are an awesome opportunity, I would love to take one someday - always pays to stay a student.

I'm with you on checkering, that's actually what to me into 1911 work - to me they are just naked without a nicely blended beavertail, a blended slide rear (with or without serrations) and most of all that checkered front strap.

I'm going to be setup soon to machine checker, but I don't know.. I'm a hand checkering guy, and if it's done well I feel like it has a place in the market alongside machine work.

The flat bottom/slight bevel FPS was a great addition, one of my favorites.

I actually combined that with the Marvel disco cut on the Springer I posted. It's a very predictable recoil impulse and great trigger reser. Cycled by hand it just "feels" quality. Butter smooth.

I did it a little different, used a ball end mill and did a ball-head job on the disco itself. It works, and works well, but after the fact I got a little concerned about uneven wear since the cut and disco radius' don't perfectly match. (Used dykem to get as close as possibly, and swaged the hole to help the disco move straight down with no play) I asked the owner to bring it back after a few thousand rounds to see how it's wearing.