Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul SLK vs MFT stock

I am kind of up in the air about it but I would like to hear opinions about the SLK stock.

I currently use the MFT minimalist stock but I want to hear opinions from people who have ran both.

I am not at all displeased with the MFT. In fact I kind of like it but I also want to try something new.

The main difference I see between the two is the height. Magpul has the SLK listed at max height of 4.2 inches and the MFT is about 5.2 inches. The length is different as well but I don't think that will change the LOP at all.

Opinions on the benefits of the SLK?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both are good stocks. I like the lever better on the MFT. The SL-K feels more durable, but I've not broken a MFT. The MFT has a QD socket, the SL-K has to have one added. The SL-K was very tight on the receiver extension of the rifle I used it on. If you're wanting to try something different than the MFT, I like the LWRC compact stock better than the SL-K. The LWRC cost a little more but to me was more comfortable, and comes with a QD socket.

https://www.lwrci.com/p-336-lwrci-compact-stock.aspx
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    SL-K's to me are one of the best stocks, especially for an SBR for the compactness.

MFT IMHO is junk, geared for the airsoft crowd. Nothing they make impresses me or I've broken (Mags and sights)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an MFT. It's a comfortable stock with good cheek rest. The butt pad is larger like a MOE. SL-K butt is smaller but adequate with less cheek rest but more purchase than a PDW stock. The SL-K is growing on me.

I sold my MFT because 1) Appearances of a Mary Poppins prop. Maybe good for sliding down power lines in a rooftop battle or floating away with your chimney sweeper. 2) for me that umbrella handle caught on everything from slings to bags to clothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured what the hell why not try. I bought an SL-K for $40 bucks including shipping a few minutes ago. Can't hurt eh? Anyway I not displeased so much with the MFT...but I have been looking for alternatives for a while now. It may or may not help my mechanics some to have a different stock.

I wouldn't call it 'junk' myself but then again I've never tried anything else from them and I am not hard on my gear at all. It's ok for what it is but I am just wanting something better.

I am with fledge on this one for the most part. The more I look at it I am not so sure I like the appearance of it. Secondly that thing snags on all kinds of stuff. But most importantly I think the shortened height could be a big plus. We will find out pretty soon if it allows me better control when I go through the shouldering process. Also I am finding the tip of the MFT to be poking me in the shoulder a little too much.

I am guessing it's just about getting the right fit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I sold my MFT because 1) Appearances of a Mary Poppins prop. Maybe good for sliding down power lines in a rooftop battle or floating away with your chimney sweeper. 2) for me that umbrella handle caught on everything from slings to bags to clothing.
    Ha..ha...ha..ha.. I love that! I have an MFT one gun and I swear I've never had any of the ominous problems with snagging, from the bench, on my clothes or even squatting in grass over my head trying to pop some coyotes. At least no more than with other stocks. What struck me as so funny was I agree it's ugly as hell! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you nailed it right on the head. It does look like Mary Poppins umbrella! Now, at least I know why I think it's ugly! I might switch it out for an SL-K because they are the same weight - 7.9 oz., and so UWone77 won't lump me into the "airsoft crowd".... damn, that's funny, I think it deserves a beer....excuse me a moment.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone got a pic comparing the SLK to the notmal SL stock?

I have one mft stock and it is my least favorite I have used.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Anyone got a pic comparing the SLK to the notmal SL stock?

I have one mft stock and it is my least favorite I have used.
    You mean, besides all the ones that show up in a Google search?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Snag free option
    Name:  BMSNRAT-scorched_dark_earth-1.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  106.9 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Part of the "Poppins EDC kit." But where is the bottle opener?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Part of the "Poppins EDC kit." But where is the bottle opener?
    Already opened

Name:  2016-09-10_lif_24473402_I4.JPG
Views: 1448
Size:  24.7 KB