Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RADIAN WEAPONS

Downloads
    Uploads

RADIAN WEAPONS

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing but a splash screen on their web site?
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

RADIAN WEAPONS

No explanation for the change in the Facebook page that I can find. Makes you wonder...

Rebranded their rifle name too. From IG:

Last edited by fledge; 7 November 2016 at 07:13.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe someone that's industry will know the scoop, this fool knows nothing.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess people had a hard time remembering the name of the company as far as the order of the letters AXTS.

Personally, I think the new name sucks. I would have stuck with the old one, or called it Raptor Weapons Systems and at least capitalized on their best selling products name.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear AXTS Customers,

As of today, AXTS Weapons Systems is now known as Radian Weapons. To clarify, there has been no change in corporate ownership, and no additional changes to our team. Because our company would not exist without loyal customers and supporters like you, we want to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude, and to tell you more about what to expect going forward.

First things first – why? Over the last few years our company has evolved from an accessory maker into a complete rifle manufacturer, and we feel it’s necessary for our brand to evolve in kind. We have spent a lot of time thinking honestly about who we are as a business, what we aspire to become, and the roadmap to get there. In doing so we realized that while the name “AXTS” has served us well, today marks a point of inflection that warrants a change. The big picture will unfold over the coming months and years, but we want to share a few of the things we are working on.

Many of the first changes you’ll see are designed to improve our customers’ experience: a new website with improved content and information, updated packaging and support materials, and a simplified warranty policy for all AXTS and Radian products that guarantees your equipment for life. We do not take our customers for granted, and will continue to earn your business through constant improvement to our products, service, and support.

Speaking of products, we have big plans for 2017. We’re designing Raptor Charging Handles and Talon Safety Selectors for new platforms, adding caliber offerings to the Model 1 line of rifles, introducing apparel for men and women, and partnering with some of the industry’s leading brands on special projects and collaborations. For those of you who prefer to build your own rifles, billet upper and lower receivers will be available for purchase before the end of the year – more information coming soon.

In the meantime, we invite you to check out our new look by visiting www.radianweapons.com. Make sure to watch our teaser video that showcases some of our in-house manufacturing processes, and don’t forget to enter our giveaway for a chance to win one of the first Radian Model 1 Rifles made, paired with a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44 optic.

Thank you again for your support – we couldn’t do it without you!

Sincerely,
    Joshua Underwood
    CEO

Downloads
    Uploads

RADIAN WEAPONS

Agreed the new name is weird though it's part of their emphasis in being precision semi-autos.

Good to see they will be offering stripped receivers. That's probably the best news for most folks. Along with lifetime warranties.

I hear a AR308 is in the works.

Chances are they are focused on competing with the other Noveske-esque Oregon compatibles (apparel lifestyle ). I think they could have a real contribution if they stepped up to compete with Falkor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was coming here to post this. The most important thing for me is that they will be offering their upper receivers and handguards for purchase separately. This will be a great end to the year.

I'm not a fan of the name change either......AXTS was a pretty well known brand or so I thought.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting. Brings "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" to my mind. They really have no explanation as to why they chose a new name, and I agree, it's not that great - honestly sounds pretty cheesy to me. Oh well, as long as they're products are just as good, I guess the name doesn't really matter!
    Graphic Designer
    Instagram: @EO3actual

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can understand it - I think AXTS while understood by enthusiasts as to who they are and what they do, has been muddied a bit by changes they've made.

Lowers, no lowers, complete rifles only, back to lowers, well maybe; charging handles and safeties, so parts - but not all parts, gotta buy the complete rifle, well maybe..

Hopefully they don't do that anymore. I understand there were legit reasons behind many of those changes over time, but this time they can plan ahead as far as what they offer and continue to offer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know, Radian isn't that bad of a name. There's certainly far worse out there. T-Rex Arms anybody?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I don't know, Radian isn't that bad of a name. There's certainly far worse out there. T-Rex Arms anybody?
    They should have asked to license GOST Systems.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're crazy T-Rex Arms is a wonderful name.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    They should have asked to license GOST Systems.
    That's the cutest name being used.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    T-Rex Arms is actually pretty damn funny/clever. I can't speak for others, but it's a term I've heard many times in the military. There's actually a publication that deals with body anthropemetrics that talks about individuals who measure with short arms and it specifically calls them out as having "T-Rex arms." The medical field doesn't always have a sense of humor, but that's just funny.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I guess people had a hard time remembering the name of the company as far as the order of the letters AXTS.

Personally, I think the new name sucks. I would have stuck with the old one, or called it Raptor Weapons Systems and at least capitalized on their best selling products name.
    Or too many people asked what "AXTS" stood for.

But yeah, I think the name is super lame. Then again, I'm not a precision shooter, but am an engineer, so the name "Radian" just conjures up the fact that it's a unit of measure for angles.

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I hear a AR308 is in the works.
    I don't know how many times I've been told by AXTS that the AX762 was going to be released "within a couple of months". And honestly, I'm not interested in a complete rifle from them, I'd still want just an upper/lower combo.