Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hudson MFG H9

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was pretty excited when I first heard of it coming out and some of the hype. I do think it looks cool.
    Was hoping it'd come in around $800 but was expecting $1,100. It's out of my range but would like to fondle one.

The marketing video is cool.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably will be fun to shoot, and they did a good marketing job. With its price point I don't know how well it'll do against pistols like a Sig Legion. I think that the market that would be interested in the H9 will instead mod out their Glocks and M&P's. The H9 also will have a very limited number of holsters and light options.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    When i imagine a Surefire X300 mounted on it, awkward immediately comes to mind. Actuating the controls on a light like the X300 would be really awkward. Mounting and use of accessories will definitely be a problem.

It would seem that having the full weight of the recoil assembly that far forward, plus the additional weight of the forward slide would really help mitigate muzzle flip and make follow up shot super fast. It looks like it'll be a really nice shooter, but maybe not so practical as a duty/carry weapon for those who like to have a light mounted. If it has a decent trigger, i'd take one over a pimped out Glock or M&P.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    With it's dimensions, 15 round capacity and it being a striker it's in the Glock G19 realm. The G19 is about $600 cheaper and over 10 oz. lighter. So I assume that's not the market they are trying to compete against. So was the H9 designed to compete against 2011's? It's cheaper than a race gun, but I doubt the trigger will be close. And will it shoot flatter than a compensated 2011? In my opinion I see striker fired pistols as carry weapons, and don't see a benefit of not having a hammer on a gamer's pistol.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the price...

I'll buy a sig.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if its the novelty of the design but the more I see of the pistol, the more interesting it is to me. Definitely on my want list at this point. Going to keep an eye on how the first production models perform over time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Who the hell ever they are, they spammed my inbox today!

Didn't a Hudson somethingorother team up with Bond Arms on a failed pocket pistol in the recent past?
    Yeah were not supposed to talk about that...

A striker fired 1911? Why? Seems like one of those projects someone invested way to much money into and its too late to pull the plug on it. So they just keep dumping money into it and try to convince people its something when its not.
    Last edited by Stone; 17 January 2017 at 21:01.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    With it's dimensions, 15 round capacity and it being a striker it's in the Glock G19 realm. The G19 is about $600 cheaper and over 10 oz. lighter. So I assume that's not the market they are trying to compete against. So was the H9 designed to compete against 2011's? It's cheaper than a race gun, but I doubt the trigger will be close. And will it shoot flatter than a compensated 2011? In my opinion I see striker fired pistols as carry weapons, and don't see a benefit of not having a hammer on a gamer's pistol.
    A Glock might start out $600 cheaper, but how many people (besides me) actually run stock Glocks anymore? Here's a $2800 f@#$ing Glock! That's damn near the cost of three Hudson's at retail. Street price, you probably could buy three of them for $2800.

As for striker versus hammer fired guns for carry, i carry a hammer fired gun more than a striker fired gun. I just like hammer fired guns better. Conversely, i know more people who run striker fired guns in competition than who run hammer fired guns. Butas you said, it's an opinion/preference thing. I would be curios to see what the trends are these days.

As for what market Hudson is trying to actually compete against, i haven't a clue. Their product is unique enough that it doesn't neatly fit into any existing market category. Maybe they're trying to forge their own category...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    A Glock might start out $600 cheaper, but how many people (besides me) actually run stock Glocks anymore? Here's a $2800 f@#$ing Glock! That's damn near the cost of three Hudson's at retail. Street price, you probably could buy three of them for $2800.
    Maybe the market is different where you're from, but down here about the only part most change out on a Glock is sights. We have guys who like highly customized Glocks, but they are very rare. The majority of Glock owners and AR-15 owners down here do not customize their guns, maybe one out of a hundred Glock owners I know personally run a customized Glock.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe the market is different where you're from, but down here about the only part most change out on a Glock is sights. We have guys who like highly customized Glocks, but they are very rare. The majority of Glock owners and AR-15 owners down here do not customize their guns, maybe one out of a hundred Glock owners I know personally run a customized Glock.
    Maybe i need to move. I don't know who is buying them, but Rainier Arms (and many others) sure don't seem to have any problem selling Agency Glocks, which run $2k-$3k, along with ZEV Glocks which clock in at around $2k. And those are complete pistols. That's not even counting all the modified slides, triggers, barrels, etc. that get sold and installed on pimped out Austrian tupperware. And just taking a look around the Glock photo gallery on this forum, there aren't many unmolested Glocks. A lot of frame mods, slide work, trigger work, etc. Which is cool. I'm not knocking it by any means. i just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a Glock (although i would really love to have Battle Cock work his magic on a G19 for me). I do spend my share of stupid money on polymer handguns (HKs), however that's more a function of them costing more to begin with. And the modifications i perform on them are all done using factory HK parts, and are generally configurations that could be special ordered from HK. But beyond new sights and tinkering with factory Glock trigger spring and connector combinations, my Glocks are stock. At any rate, expensive, heavily modified Glocks does appear to be a thing. So $1100 or whatever MSRP is on the Hudson is something i don't see as a limiting factor for them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't care what anyone ever says, a 2k Glock is a fucking joke. It's laughable the money they command for slides and other gimmicks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I don't care what anyone ever says, a 2k Glock is a fucking joke. It's laughable the money they command for slides and other gimmicks.
    I couldn't agree more.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. My 17 has night sights and a tungsten guide rod. Perfect carry pistol. I guess we all like to spend our fun money in different ways...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are some expensive Glocks out there that shoot good, but most Glock owners are not doing over a thousand dollars worth of mods to them. You see a lot of pics of heavily modified Glocks because their owners are proud of them, or you see people advertising their work on them. My LGS has a $1,900 ZEV that has been sitting on their shelf for almost a year they can't sell. There is a good sized market for Glock mod's but most people around here keep their carry piece stock.

The H9 will probably be a fun gun to shoot. I don't know if it needs a rail, a light down there will be hard to use it's controls. It'll take year before the H9 can be classified to shoot in production class.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    The H9 will probably be a fun gun to shoot. I don't know if it needs a rail, a light down there will be hard to use it's controls.
    That was my first thought: a weapon mounted light would be difficult to operate. Maybe something like the Surefire XC1 with top mounted controls could be developed if this pistol takes off and warrants the R&D. Or a pressure pad on the grip would work in actuating the light. With the modular/removable grip panels, i'm sure Crimson Trace will come out with something for this gun as well. But i like your idea of no rail. A "slick" version, much like Sig's SAS series of pistols would be neat.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ