Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    I personally feel they will take the senate and have a real chance at the house.
    The only Republicans up for election in the Senate are from Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. If you think Texas, Utah, and Wyoming are in play for Democrats you have another thing coming. There is no way in hell Ted Cruz is going to lose in Texas, and no way in hell Utah is going to elect a Democrat to anything. The last time Mississippi elected a Democrat Senator was in 1982. I guess Nevada and Nebraska might be in play for a flip, and not to mention they have to defend something like 25 other seats, several of which are in states that went solidly for Trump.

I guess anything is possible but it's not very probable. It would take a major league screw up to lose the Senate.

The House is always up for grabs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Smart companies do not operate in debt.
    Less smart companies who bought up a bunch of ammo/mags/AR's/parts are going to be wondering what to do now that Hillary has lost, and they are floating a lot more inventory on credit than is typical for them. The answer will become painfully obvious when noone just rushes out to buy a bunch of stuff, because noone is scared of it being banned anymore. "It can wait..." is the customer's line, now, and no amount of fear-mongering is going to work on the customer as strongly as Hillary looming worked on the retailer.

Inevitably, some places will do very impressive Cyber Monday's and Christmas deals, I am willing to bet, to help out the bleeding company credit accounts.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the actual production of a lot of things (such as magazines etc) slows down for just this very reason. The manufacturers have no interest in seeing their sales outlets go out of business. It would be dumb to flood an already flooded market with more product. It will at least give a lot of people a chance to recoup the money they have sunk into inventory.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    No doubt.

I even told them I wasn't the original owner, and it wasn't a defect with their actual product. They didn't care, and didn't even charge me to ship it back. Was already a big fan of ADM before this.
    This is great to hear. I need to give them a closer look.

In other news, my local LGS says the day after the election was still very busy. And then it's been dead ever since. With hunting season nearly over, even that motivation to buy is gone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    This is great to hear. I need to give them a closer look.

In other news, my local LGS says the day after the election was still very busy. And then it's been dead ever since. With hunting season nearly over, even that motivation to buy is gone.
    I was at Rainier on election day. It was basically standing room only, and phones ringing off the hook.

Dropped in today to pick up my SMOS set, and there was no one in the store, a few phone calls, but basically dead.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe that's why customer service finally replied my email today!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Plus savvy shoppers shouldn't be buying anything right now since the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are just days away. I view the election results as an opportunity to shift to buying things that don't have serial numbers and were never likely to be restricted anyway, e.g., optics and reloading equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, savvy shoppers should be saving their money to buy multiple WEVO lowers.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    No, savvy shoppers should be saving their money to buy multiple WEVO lowers.
    With paint. P

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been hoping for a deal on a vortex razor 1-6, hope black Friday I can find a good deal. Finally going to admit t defeat, my astigmatism is so bad red dots aren't really a viable option... time for variable optics. Father time scores a point.
    Plus I'd like a Geissele CH

Downloads
    Uploads
    Things that'll never be banned, like accessories will always be secondary purchases for me. I've halted a lot of my buying this year, more so probably next year. I'll buy a couple of things here and there like magazines for guns I plan to own in the future, or increase my supply on ones that I don't have as many of.

Stay on top of things guys, I know I don't have to tell this crowd that. If Trump is a 1 term president, which wouldn't surprise me... don't get caught in 2020 trying to buy things last minute as you got lazy and complacent the next 4.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Current AR15 Market ... Bottoming Out?

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Stay on top of things guys, I know I don't have to tell this crowd that. If Trump is a 1 term president, which wouldn't surprise me... don't get caught in 2020 trying to buy things last minute as you got lazy and complacent the next 4.
    Truth. This election is not all sunshine and roses. The Democrats have 50 years of entrenched insurgence in place with more money/power than we can imagine to uproot democracy.

The NRA's video today outline what they are pushing for. One of them is legislation that requires states follow federal laws on guns. No more state and municipal level overreach. If that happens, we'll see a lot of new buying on the market.
    Last edited by fledge; 16 November 2016 at 09:35.

Downloads
    Uploads
    With paint. P
    Paint all the things indeed.

I think we are showing a bit of doom and gloom in general attitudes - this is a pretty epic time, maybe we can turn the dial to "restrained optimism"

I know we don't want to all be convinced we're getting Turbo Man for Christmas only to have to hide our disappointment when we get Dementor instead.. but still.

Happy times. Some businesses will fail - but that's a market correction, it's just life. I'd rather a few years of comfort and enhancing our rights than business booming off of fear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Truth. This election is not all sunshine and roses. The Democrats have 50 years of entrenched insurgence in place with more money/power than we can imagine to uproot democracy.

The NRA's video today outline what they are pushing for. One of them is legislation that requires states follow federal laws on guns. No more state and municipal level overreach. If that happens, we'll see a lot of new buying on the market.
    I believe that's unlikely to gain much traction, since part of the Republican push is supposedly less federal government oversight and more power to the individual states, but who knows.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    The AR market needs a few sharks in the gene pool. Far too much garbage has survived by panic buys and limited product from reputable companies.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I believe that's unlikely to gain much traction, since part of the Republican push is supposedly less federal government oversight and more power to the individual states, but who knows.
    Republicanism is not against enforcing the Constitution. This is a strong value. The "less federal gov" line is shorthand for overreach into the private lawful lives of people. Enforcing the Constitution on the state level however is to stop overreach, rather than making the fed bigger. This is the proper accountability mechanism of the Constitution. The same is true of state gov over municipalities.

But as you said, who knows. How many republicans have a stomach to stop bullies?