Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex Optics RAZOR AMG UH-1 Holographic Sight

Name:  IMG_1380.JPG
Views: 2980
Size:  42.8 KB

Meet the Razor® AMG® UH-1, affectionately known in-house as “Huey.” The UH-1 is a completely new force in weapon mounted holographic technology, and you’re one of the first to see it! Inside the durable aluminum chassis the UH-1 features fewer moving parts compared to traditional holographic sights, which equates to maximum durability. The sight is powered with the included CR123A battery, but also has the option of running LFP CR123A’s, which can be recharged using the on-board, waterproof micro-USB port. We believe the shooter is the only one who should see the new EBR-CQB reticle so we engineered the entire system to virtually eliminate all traces of forward signature, unlike any other red dot or holographic sight on the market.

http://www.vortexoptics.com
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Beat me to it. This looks interesting, looks like the Leupold LCO
    Last edited by Tyrannosaur; 22 November 2016 at 07:12. Reason: I'm a moron got Leupold site name wring

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    a completely new force in weapon mounted holographic technology
    Haven't seen a claim like that in a while...

I'm not a big fan of USB ports on firearm parts, but I'm eager to see how this optic turns out.

Hopefully the front and rear glass are more protected than on the LCO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the overall looks, but window looks pretty tiny. If it fares well against the RMR and is cheaper I'd be interested.

Is that a rear BUIS behind it? Looks like it would obstruct button access, especially wearing gloves.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder why they went with holographic instead of just a nice red dot. Reticle flexibility? Wonder how bad the battery life will be, and hopefully Vortex did their homework and chose better materials than EOTech did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I wonder why they went with holographic instead of just a nice red dot. Reticle flexibility? Wonder how bad the battery life will be, and hopefully Vortex did their homework and chose better materials than EOTech did.
    For 99.9% of us, there is nothing wrong with EoTechs. Having said that, I doubt that Vortex will come close to EoTech in the Holographic optic area. They make mediocre Red Dots. Variable Optics is their bread and butter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AR15News.com is reporting a street price of $499.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The fact that this optic is presumably being marketed under the AMG line makes me hopeful, as thats supposedly their new flagship line.

The $499 price point doesn't inspire much confidence though, if it's accurate.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    The fact that this optic is presumably being marketed under the AMG line makes me hopeful, as that supposedly their new flagship line.

If AR15news says $499 is the "street price" you can bet the MSRP is closer to $600.... which like you said, doesn't inspire confidence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by schambers View Post
    The fact that this optic is presumably being marketed under the AMG line makes me hopeful, as thats supposedly their new flagship line.

And the AMG implies that it's manufactured in the USA, which their existing RDS are not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The reticle is on their IG page.

Downloads
    Uploads
    another internet source that I won't cite suggests that $499 is the MAP

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested. If this thing is as great as my 1-6 razor, I'm very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    $699. LMFAO