Downloads
    Uploads

Seekins/strike ind/KNS anodized parts

I'm working on a build, well two actually, and am looking at some anodized parts for both. Red for one and FDE for the other. Does anyone have any experience with either of these anodized finishes? I'm wondering how the finishes match up from manufacturer to manufacturer. Also if the fde is close to the fde we all know. I'm mainly looking at small parts, the anti rotation pin kits, mag releases and charging handle latches, possibly the Odin enhanced release too. If anyone has other brands to recommend also I'm all ears... er... eyes.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got some Seekins Magazine Releases in FDE. Pretty spot on with Magpul FDE. I find that Battle Arms Selectors and Mag Releases are very close to Magpul colors, depending on color selected.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input. Seekins looks darker in the product pictures, but that can be my screen or the photography itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    Thanks for the input. Seekins looks darker in the product pictures, but that can be my screen or the photography itself.
    I quickly learned how much difference both of the above can change the look of something. I purchased a 100% RGB monitor and spyder5pro earlier year. The difference between this and my old monitor are night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KW900A View Post
    I'm working on a build, well two actually, and am looking at some anodized parts for both. Red for one and FDE for the other. Does anyone have any experience with either of these anodized finishes? I'm wondering how the finishes match up from manufacturer to manufacturer. Also if the fde is close to the fde we all know. I'm mainly looking at small parts, the anti rotation pin kits, mag releases and charging handle latches, possibly the Odin enhanced release too. If anyone has other brands to recommend also I'm all ears... er... eyes.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    You are also mixing and matching a few finish processes.

Seekins stuff is anodized FDE and generally has a reflective hue to it due to the level of polish pre-anodize.
    BAD is Cerakote
    KNS used to be either Norrels or Duracoat, not sure what they use now
    Odinworks I'm pretty sure is coated as well.

If you want all of your small parts to match in shade 100% just have them cerakoted. Should be around $40 for a bag of levers, buttons, pins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    You are also mixing and matching a few finish processes.

Seekins stuff is anodized FDE and generally has a reflective hue to it due to the level of polish pre-anodize.
    BAD is Cerakote
    KNS used to be either Norrels or Duracoat, not sure what they use now
    Odinworks I'm pretty sure is coated as well.

If you want all of your small parts to match in shade 100% just have them cerakoted. Should be around $40 for a bag of levers, buttons, pins.
    Might have to do that from you at some point. Total aesthetics thing, but the small parts cerakoted look good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Might have to do that from you at some point. Total aesthetics thing, but the small parts cerakoted look good.
    Be happy to take care of that and I agree, just gives a consistent color and sheen that adds a lot to the overall look.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Be happy to take care of that and I agree, just gives a consistent color and sheen that adds a lot to the overall look.
    Completely agree. Like you said, getting stuff to match from different processes and manufacturers ends up disappointing. Spend the $40 and get the parts you want, then send it off. You'll probably end up saving money in the long run vs buying from 4 different places + shipping.

Right now I'm looking at my Bright Bronze Northtech Defense set, and trying to figure out if I want to go Magpul Stealth Gray on it. If I do, I'll have to cerakote the handguard as well as the small parts to get the look I want. It's definitely an odd color to work with (Bright Bronze) I should have just bought the black set.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with the above. My 12.5" SBR is 50 shades of FDE...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Completely agree. Like you said, getting stuff to match from different processes and manufacturers ends up disappointing. Spend the $40 and get the parts you want, then send it off. You'll probably end up saving money in the long run vs buying from 4 different places + shipping.

Right now I'm looking at my Bright Bronze Northtech Defense set, and trying to figure out if I want to go Magpul Stealth Gray on it. If I do, I'll have to cerakote the handguard as well as the small parts to get the look I want. It's definitely an odd color to work with (Bright Bronze) I should have just bought the black set.
    Just went back and looked at that set in your original post - yeah that's a tough color. Hell even as it came you've got a raw FA, a black port door, then you'll have 12 different shades of black and grey for buffer tube, castle nut, etc.

The stealth grey would look nice, but that puts you in an odd place for rail color. I think If it was me, I would do the grip, stock, etc in Stealth Grey straight out of the box, and Cerakote the forend Stealth Grey / use black covers etc on that. A black forend will just look.. off. Def needs the dustcover and FA, etc matched up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just went back and looked at that set in your original post - yeah that's a tough color. Hell even as it came you've got a raw FA, a black port door, then you'll have 12 different shades of black and grey for buffer tube, castle nut, etc.

The stealth grey would look nice, but that puts you in an odd place for rail color. I think If it was me, I would do the grip, stock, etc in Stealth Grey straight out of the box, and Cerakote the forend Stealth Grey / use black covers etc on that. A black forend will just look.. off. Def needs the dustcover and FA, etc matched up.
    Once my barrel for this project comes in... I'll send you some business.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Once my barrel for this project comes in... I'll send you some business.
    Awesome, be glad to take care of it -

Mr Bone - same thing, we can always make that SBR one shade, or 52.. whatever ;-)

KW900A - sorry for the hijack, but same for you man, get your stuff and if you want it all to match just get a hold of me (or another coater, but I give 15% and am really really ridiculously good looking) that way you can just buy them in whatever color vs seeking out all them tans ;-)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can get you one of the red buffer tube kits from Guntec at a reasonable price since I get them at dealer pricing. They match with the Strike Industries red really well. I'll look when the next order is going in if you want.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome, be glad to take care of it -

Mr Bone - same thing, we can always make that SBR one shade, or 52.. whatever ;-)

KW900A - sorry for the hijack, but same for you man, get your stuff and if you want it all to match just get a hold of me (or another coater, but I give 15% and am really really ridiculously good looking) that way you can just buy them in whatever color vs seeking out all them tans ;-)
    Haha no worries. I bought the seekins ambi safety and the Odin release today in red. I bought the KNS pins in fde for the other build. Like UW I like how the small parts sets it off, but it all aesthetics. Jerry posted a pic sometime back with red small parts, red being my favorite color, I got all googly eyed over it. I will keep you in mind, thanks for letting me know you do such a thing. Hope you had a good turkey day!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just an iPhone shot, but the seekins precision ambi safety and the odinworks XMR2 match rather well.

No KNS pins for this build, i will be using the rise armament RA-140 trigger with some anti walk pins.
    Attached Images Attached Images