Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vortex new for 2017

From the Newsletter:

https://vortexnation.wordpress.com/2...eid=ea6210cf8b

Viper PST Gen 2:

1-6×24: Now even more versatile, the new PST Gen II 1-6×24 picks up right where the venerable 1-4x left off. With a true 1x on its low end and a monstrous eyebox for close-quarters, rapid acquisition, shooters can easily engage targets in the tightest of scenarios. On the high end of its zoom spectrum, an even more versatile 6x facilitates accurate mid to long-range engagements. A side illumination adjustment, coupled with low-drag capped turrets make for a sleek and streamlined profile. Inside, the same VMR-2 reticle from the Razor Gen II 1-6, with its daylight-bright center illuminated dot, is standard and available in MOA or MRAD.

2-10×32, 3-15×44 and 5-25×50: Meet your new group of long-range workhorses. Whether you’re topping off a DMR-type build or a PRS rig you’ll be pushing to the limits, there is an option just for you. Tall, tactical turrets and a side focus parallax adjustment with integrated illumination help dial in your shots for ultimate precision. Each model features the patented RZR Zero Stop, taken from our proven Razor HD 5-20×50 riflescope, to ensure you have an accurate and reliable return-to-zero – every time. Reticles include our New EBR-4 and EBR-2C. Available in MOA or MRAD to match your turrets. First Focal Plane reticles are available on select models.

Diamondback Tactical

Meet the Diamondback Tactical – Your answer when it comes to tactical performance and features in an affordable package. Tall turrets are perfect for dialing Your shots at various distances and deliver accurate, repeatable adjustments over and over. The Diamondback Tactical features an optical system that gives excellent image quality and generous eye relief. Inside, a hashmark-style reticle gives shooters versatile reference points for ranging, holdover and wind calls – extremely useful in tactical shooting applications.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The pst 1-6 with reticle/illumination/eye box from the razor 1-6 could be a winner. Hopefully the weight is under 20 oz.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really liking the look of that 1-6... maybe some razors will pop up at a good price too on EE etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That new 6x or 2.5-10 will be perfect for my SMOS SPR I'm building.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Jared View Post
    That new 6x or 2.5-10 will be perfect for my SMOS SPR I'm building.

I have a 2.5-10x32 FFP Vortex and I love the size of the optic and the magnification but it REALLY could be a second focal plane optic.

I saw a 1-4x FFP Bushnell the other day. Reticle at 1x is probably invisible

As far as pricing, either the Gen1 PSTs will decrease in price and these will fill the gap or they'll be priced between PSTs and the Razors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    As far as pricing, either the Gen1 PSTs will decrease in price and these will fill the gap or they'll be priced between PSTs and the Razors
    I have no insider knowledge on this one, but I think you're probably right.

Street Price for the current Vortex Viper 1-4x24's are what? $499 ish? I can see the new 1-6 Viper going for $599-699 and that still places the Razor Gen II above that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed with both of y'all. I would go so far to speculate that the current viper 1-4 might drop down to low 400's, high 300's in street price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Jared View Post
    Agreed with both of y'all. I would go so far to speculate that the current viper 1-4 might drop down to low 400's, high 300's in street price.

I don't see it going down into the high 300's only because now you're starting to reach Strike Eagle buyers. I wouldn't be surprised if they torpedo the entire Viper Line if they have a Gen II coming out though. Why keep both production lines open?

This again is a theory based on nothing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I don't see it going down into the high 300's only because now you're starting to reach Strike Eagle buyers. I wouldn't be surprised if they torpedo the entire Viper Line if they have a Gen II coming out though. Why keep both production lines open?

This again is a theory based on nothing.
    Your theory has more basis than mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think they'll do away with the 1-4x completely. Vortex hasn't been one to hold onto outdated models for long.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I see the Viper Gen II 1-6 is MSRP'ed at $999. I'm guessing street price of $799. Should be a solid optic at that price point. I foresee lots of Viper PST 1-4's hitting the used market at good deals...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I see the Viper Gen II 1-6 is MSRP'ed at $999. I'm guessing street price of $799. Should be a solid optic at that price point. I foresee lots of Viper PST 1-4's hitting the used market at good deals...
    Hoping to see a capped turret version at a good deal. Was gonna order one but glad I waited

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    You generally get what you pay for. At that price point you can't have everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just ordered the 5-25x50 FFP so we'll see how it is when it gets here. 6.5CM is gonna be fuuuuuun!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun