Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

flash hiders - comparison

I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct area. If not please feel free to move it to the appropriate category.

Has anyone had an opportunity to test or compare any of the newer aftermarket flash hiders / suppressors.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Smith Industries Vortex but I would like to hear from people who have tried it. How does it compare against some of the others such as the Vltor flash hider and the Surefire versions.
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    ( and the blackout , if I may add)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Venom,
    This is the first I've heard of AAC's Blackout! That has some serious potential! I also like that it is slightly shorter than than the Vortex!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are, of course, several different variations of the AAC Blackout, depending upon the model of suppressor that you're intending to use -- including none at all.

Stick's got an excellent flash suppressor guide posted here already, and has covered variations of the Blackout elsewhere on the site. These will surely be added to the aforementioned guide as time permits.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Policetacteam View Post
    Venom,
    This is the first I've heard of AAC's Blackout!
    that's what I'm here for.
    I've got a M4 2000 on the way. will report once it's installed and t&f (tested&fired)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    AC,

The guide was great pictorial but the Brownell's video's spoke volumes! I was amazed at how much the Vortex concealed the flash. On that same note I was not impressed at all with the Vltor VC-1 flash suppressor. I would love to see those same videos comparing AAC's Blackout to the Vortex.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    A picture speaks a thousand words!!! Impressive!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true. Video adds another dimension, of course, and there has been considerable discussion amongst the staff about adding video to our existing battery of reviews. These things take time, of course, but the intent is to keep reference-grade guides and reviews at the forefront of what we do here.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think providing users with a video reference is a great idea! I know that by watching the Brownell videos I very quickly learned that the Vltor flash suppressor did very little in the suppression department. Videos add another element to aid or supplement photographs. This site provides users with a wide array of users from different backgrounds and professions! Having everyone together in one large think tank becomes very useful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Stick,

I saw a pic you posted on M4carbine.net with a picture of the AAC non-silencer Blackout flash hider on your rifle. How do you like it? Is it worth purchasing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Policetacteam View Post
    Hey Stick,

I saw a pic you posted on M4carbine.net with a picture of the AAC non-silencer Blackout flash hider on your rifle. How do you like it? Is it worth purchasing?

I don't think there is a better FS on the market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both the Vortex and the Blackout.. and I decided the looks alone, the Blackout wins. If no one told you, the Vortex and the Blackout both have a "ring" like a tuning fork. I plan to sell my Vortex's (I have 2) when I get my replacement KX3 and Blackout flash hiders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The "ring" is an interesting observation. I have a few guys on my team using the Vortex but I guess I have not noticed it. Is the ringing sound some how related to how the gas escapes the flash hider?