Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No.. the ring is due to the structure. It's kind of shaped like a tuning fork. Just take a rifle and charge it. When it slams close, you'll hear the Vortex and Blackout ring like a tuning fork. Sometimes it annoys me, other times I don't notice it. Typically I don't notice it when shooting.

I prefer it not to ring, but since my Blackout is looks good, can install a AAC M4-2000 can on it.. and pinned on, I think I'll keep it.

Oh and if you have the Magpul DVD, you can hear the ring of a Vortex or Blackout on one of the segments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't speak with authority on this one, but I doubt that the ring is a function of anything more than the physical design of the tines responding to the recoil pulse. As Ryo has indicated, it responds in much the same way that a tuning fork "rings" when it is struck; as such, I see this as more of a harmonics issue than anything related to gas venting.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I plan on ordering the non-silencer Blackout in the morning. Once I have it installed I will let you guys know what I think of it. I'm curious how noticeable the ringing will be. I'll be honest..if the ringing is the only negative to an incredibly effective flash hider I think I can probably live with that!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    prepare to wait a bit; they're backordered atm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Without going down the slippery path of making automobile comparisons, this reminds me of a long-standing debate in the BMW M3 world over the "exhaust rasp" of the E46 M3. Some spend vast amounts of money on crosspipes and such to get rid of it, while others embrace it as one of the identifying characteristics of the car.

Similarly, while I'm not sure that the "Blackout's "ring" is really that pronounced, I certainly wouldn't let this bother me. If anything, I would think it was just an interesting little idiocyncracy of a very well-designed flash suppressor. Then again, one of my favorite things about shooting the M1 Garand is the "ping" that the en bloc clip makes as it clears the chamber, so perhaps I've just got a different tolerance/appreciation level than the norm. :)

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Downloads
    Uploads
    once I get mine and notice such a ring, I think I'll find it a cool thing, not an annoyance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spoke with AAC this afternoon during training. They advised that the AAC non-silencer Blackout was in stock and ready to ship! He also stated that the web site should be fully operational by this evening or possibly tomorrow. So we will wait and see!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    AAC's webpage is still down as of 19:32 hrs. Big shock! Will it ever end!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Watch the blog ... yesterday's schwag teaser would seem to suggest that we're very close.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    mers told me he was backordered on blackouts on monday; and he told me last week wednesday that the site should be up last friday...

I guess it's just wait and see

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any word yet on the '09 Gemtech HALO cans that are supposed to work with the longer Vortex hiders?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't wait until they get the 51 tooth blackout. I need to order a couple. They look pretty awesome. Have one that came with my Noveske (still grateful to Stickman for the heads up on those a while back).

Downloads
    Uploads
    anyone know where I can get the 3 prong AAC Blackout flash hider? Rainier is out of them & I can never get thru to AAC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a wait list situation to me, quite honestly.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have called AAC several times and have been told that they can't do the order over the phone because the part numbers have changed. I have been continously told to check online. Every time I check online the website says "Under construction". So I'm not sure what is going on. I just know that I want the Blackout non-silencer flash hider and I'm not able to find one. Any suggestions.